Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-21 Potential - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, yoda said:

A wild 00z Panasonic total snow map appears!

00zEUROOMG3-20-18snowfallthrough54hours.thumb.png.9c9edbede496c0fff715f97f9a9da1eb.png

Now we're talking!  At last a lot of pink!   

Rain is about to commence in NVA.  Filling in nicely with lots inbound.  Temp here is 40 with 33 dp.  Will get some cooling of course, but really hope the changeover to sn happens early afternoon.  With a little sleet beforehand, that will really set the stage for a wild ride.  Think tele-commuting will be in order tomorrow.  Forget about Wed too...   

But....  for the record I've still refrained from installing the front blade on my Kubota.  Not going to event tempt it until we have something plowable. 

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

A wild 00z Panasonic total snow map appears!

00zEUROOMG3-20-18snowfallthrough54hours.thumb.png.9c9edbede496c0fff715f97f9a9da1eb.png

That one can only be caught with an Ultra Masterball (especially in March...lol) Wow...so even half of that puts Central MD in the 6"-10" range. Man I hope the EURO solution wins! (But really, even a compromise between the globals would be pretty good!)

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Kuchera dudes. Go somewhere private 

Bob. Look at the 6 hr qpf distribution and tell me that's not a carbon copy of the HRDPS. In fact, the mega band placements on the models match to a T. That right there is something very interesting to keep track of. Unbelievable run. H5, H7, Jet streak alignment. Everything was golden that run. That was scary good. 

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Pass the cigarette 

This would be one hell of a way for the Euro to get enshrined the King again around here. I still think it's over done and there will be sleet this afternoon for many, but perhaps a quicker transition is possible. I just like the way Euro has the precip explode with its H5 and H7 progression. Textbook stuff. I would love for this to be right. 

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Bob. Look at the 6 hr qpf distribution and tell me that's not a carbon copy of the HRDPS. In fact, the mega band placements on the models match to a T. That right there is something very interesting to keep track of. Unbelievable run. H5, H7, Jet streak alignment. Everything was golden that run. That was scary good. 

It's like hitting on all 8 cylinders but you only own a 4 banger civic. I'm not going into detail with the levels. They all rock. Once people flip to snow it never ends. And yes, the banded structure is what I've been thinking all along but stupid things like the nam keep messing with my logical thoughts. 

16 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Agree with Bob you have to assume it's overdone but in the same breathe there must be some hint of truth to it...Euro this close to an event...yeesh. Hope when Bristow wakes he sees this before the 6z NAM

I should hide all these posts and have us all post disaster and next for a few minutes and go radio silent. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived