Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weatherbear5 said:

Just wonder what the thermal profile of the CMC is verbatim, considering the 540 line runs through Trenton up into Poughkeepsie at 18z.

not that I'm saying I buy the CMC thermals, but just curious

It's warm. Like you said, ignore it.

8 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It looks like snow is almost up to Trenton now, can anyone confirm?

Can't speak for Trenton, but it has been snowing here for around an hour. I am about 35 miles south-southwest.

Edit: Per 511nj.org's traffic cams, it's snowing at the Columbus/Florence exit of I-295, which isn't terribly far from Trenton.

Look out, this doesn't happen every day, but I'm going bullish. 

I'd say widespread 8-12" forum wide with areas of 15" depending on where banding sets up. To me it's a great look aloft which should support heavy snow rates and a very nice CCB tomorrow afternoon/evening. Mid level evolution/tracks are about classic.

What can go wrong though-stubborn warm layer aloft, subsidence zones in between banding, surface temps ending up at 34 in the city instead of 30-31 where it would really stick. But I think we have as good a shot for this to work out on March 20th as anything I've seen. 

Look out for power outages-especially on LI where it could really be pasty/thick wet snow for most of it and winds will make that worse. If it gets crazy here I'll definitely make it to the boardwalk and take pics. I promise I won't wimp out again like on 1/4. :P

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I'd say widespread 8-12" forum wide with areas of 15" depending on where banding sets up. To me it's a great look aloft which should support heavy snow rates and a very nice CCB tomorrow afternoon/evening. Mid level evolution/tracks are about classic.

What can go wrong though-stubborn warm layer aloft, subsidence zones in between banding, surface temps ending up at 34 in the city instead of 30-31 where it would really stick. But I think we have as good a shot for this to work out on March 20th as anything I've seen. 

Look out for power outages-especially on LI where it could really be pasty/thick wet snow for most of it and winds will make that worse. If it gets crazy here I'll definitely make it to the boardwalk and take pics. I promise I won't wimp out again like on 1/4. :P

I have a hunch it'll end up as cold or colder than modeled and won't have a problem accumulating. The wildcard is the low says further SE and the heavy bands don't make it far enough west. That's why I think Philly to Monmouth to Nassau is the jackpot

8 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I have a hunch it'll end up as cold or colder than modeled and won't have a problem accumulating. The wildcard is the low says further SE and the heavy bands don't make it far enough west. That's why I think Philly to Monmouth to Nassau is the jackpot

The snow will likely be heavier down here but will stick easier north and west. So I figure it will even out in terms of snow totals. But where the banding sets up is obviously a wild card. 

19 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I really want to believe you. We've been screwed the last few times here on the south shore.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived