Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sferic said:

7-1 or 8-1 ratios for NYC?

Any CCB's with this?

Would it be considered a Nor'Easter ?

Nor’easter is a made up word, any coastal storm can be labeled that. Yes, if you read my NAM posts, the CCB cranks on Wednesday afternoon. Ratios are impossible to predict, but 8:1 is a good start.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

Nor’easter is a made up word, any coastal storm can be labeled that. Yes, if you read my NAM posts, the CCB cranks on Wednesday afternoon. Ratios are impossible to predict, but 8:1 is a good start.

As opposed to words like "hurricane" or "balloon", which have been woven into the fabric of the universe since the beginning of time itself

This storm would be a much different storm in terms of thermal profiles. Surface was not great in those storms, but midlevels were plenty cold enough for most areas. This storm, however, mid levels are sketchy on the NAM (verbatim) while low level temps are about as good as you can expect for this time of year. Sleet probably makes it a good bit inland before quickly changing over to snow in most place.

Also, the DGZ is meager and very high up in the ATM due to the marginal mid-level temps, so ratios will, as others mentioned, not be ideal. Don't have omega on my SKU T, however

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived