Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why anyone ever uses the term "puking snow" is beyond me.  Really.  In any event, Central Park already reported 4.3 inches of snow as of 1 or 2 p.m.  And as of the 1 p.m. update, Upton had a winter storm warning up for 10 to 14 inches of ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATION.  So whether people want to call it a bust or nonevent or other completely subjective term, Upton continues to go all in.  I am skeptical of the NWS, but obviously they see something here.  And, as one poster said previously, it appears that the coastal low is rapidly forming off the Delmarva and is currently 994 mb, which is at or stronger than some of the models had it last night.  There is no reason to think that we can't officially get a foot out of this, especially with the sun setting soon.  If you want to be disappointed because not all of that will have accumulated on the pavement, or because we didn't get thunder snow, or because we didn't get 3-4 inch/hour rates, go ahead.  You can join BW and sulk.

5 hours ago, Franklin0529 said:

Another dud for the coast.  Barely snowing roads are just wet. Still forecasting 10_16" Lol. Be lucky get 2

Look at a radar

4 hours ago, winterwarlock said:

De Blasio said 11-18 for NYC with 3 inch an hour rates 

He was going by what the NWS was calling for.  

4 hours ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This site sucks again today 

Awful.   It's unreal.

2 hours ago, sferic said:

Is this storm still a go for Western LI ? only an inch here.

Look at a radar

2 hours ago, Sn0waddict said:

So the EURO actually looks like it increased by quite a bit. 

Terrible performance 

1 hour ago, seanick said:

Oh stop, the site only goes down once or twice a year. It's free to use so I wouldn't complain. The admins and moderators do a lot of work to maintain it and there isn't much more they can do short of charging all members a membership fee to pay for bigger servers. 

I thank you but they have every right to complain.   This site cannot just crash during crunch time.  

57 minutes ago, Enigma said:

This storm is a huge under-performer. There's no other way around it. 

Wow.  

32 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Looks like the storm is really starting to crank now, have some pretty good heavy snow bands showing up over the area and out over the ocean.

What are you talking about?  I heard it was over and a non event. 

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

An unreal increase in precip totals from the 12z Euro earlier today.

ecmwf_tprecip_nyc_6 (1).png

This is what I meant by when I said that the Euro yesterday may have been attempting to focus on the second s/w instead of the original one which was supposed to impact the area. It may have seen that the original s/w was sheering itself out while leaving behind energy for the second s/w to consolidate. Likewise, this may be why things are beginning so slowly. 

3 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

This is what I meant by when I said that the Euro yesterday may have been attempting to focus on the second s/w instead of the original one which was supposed to impact the area. It may have seen that the original s/w was sheering itself out while leaving behind energy for the second s/w to consolidate. Likewise, this may be why things are beginning so slowly. 

So what you are trying to say we still see good accumulations over the next several hours?

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

One of the weirdest radar depictions. I've been under heavy bands for hours now with, at most, moderate snow to show for it. 

Enigma was right before when he mentioned Forky's post.  It's something i talked in private about and hoped the modeled soundings were wrong.  

Just now, Rjay said:

Enigma was right before when he mentioned Forky's post.  It's something i talked in private about and hoped the modeled soundings were wrong.  

Well the radar has had more of a popcorn/cellular look which has inhibited the development of high snow growth smooth banding. This might be partially a diurnal heating issue, however, and should abate as the sun sets.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived