Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, snywx said:

My dew is slowly creeping up. Was 13° earlier this morning, now at 16°. Noticed lgt snow has begun in Warwick a few mins ago. Should be a matter of time before we start seeing flakes here.

Yep, can confirm snowing a good steady light snow now in Vernon. Intensified rather quickly. Fairly gusty here too

10 minutes ago, tempestatis014 said:

I keep getting alerts from Mt. Holly saying that conditions are going to get worse lol. I bet everyone who hasn't paid attention to the weather today thinks there is no storm.

With the March 7th storm it went from basically not sticking to pavement to 3-4" per hour rates at 1PM. Changeover happened in less than an hour. I think that could happen this afternoon.

With roads still only wet here in Middlesex county, I wonder if schools and businesses are regretting their decision to close. I know it will change and roads will become covered later today as the storm picks up, but they certainly could have gotten the day in. So weird seeing so many things closed all morning with wet roads. I think they forgot to take into account that this is a late March storm and not a January storm. Takes much longer for roads to become bad.

48 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

With the March 7th storm it went from basically not sticking to pavement to 3-4" per hour rates at 1PM. Changeover happened in less than an hour. I think that could happen this afternoon.

except this storm isnt as dynamic with those rates, so you have lesser rates struggling to accumulate until after dark. We got one big thump of snow for a few hours with last storm...this one longer duration but less intensity. I expect things to get worse for sure but I think this storm just isnt as potent with its dynamics

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

1.5" OTG as of 11:30 am, so 1/2" in the last 90 minutes - been mostly light to moderate. 14Z HRRR only had me at 1.5" at this point and 12Z NAM had me around an inch or so, which is pretty impressive actually, although HRRR only has me at about 9" at the end and NAM at almost 11", which would be fine, but maybe a little disappointing. 

2.5" OTG as of 1:00 pm and 2.0" OTG as of 12:30 pm, so 1" per hour the last half hour - coming down moderately to almost heavily.  32F.  Streets getting covered again.  Beautiful dendrites - this must be at least 10:1 ratio snow.  

31 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

I'm not joking now, they really need to get some new servers.

Anyway, mod-heavy snow for the last 90 minutes here, with impressive snow growth.

Agreed. Can't have the site going down in the middle of a huge snowstorm. 

To anyone who said snow wouldn't accumulate in the city with less than 1"/hour rates, my 4" and counting say otherwise. 

We're just getting started. 

26 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Agreed. Can't have the site going down in the middle of a huge snowstorm. 

To anyone who said snow wouldn't accumulate in the city with less than 1"/hour rates, my 4" and counting say otherwise. 

We're just getting started. 

Oh stop, the site only goes down once or twice a year. It's free to use so I wouldn't complain. The admins and moderators do a lot of work to maintain it and there isn't much more they can do short of charging all members a membership fee to pay for bigger servers. 

Been all snow in Rocky Point except for maybe 20 minutes of mixed ping around 12:30 I think.  4" exactly on patio table. Local roads front of house are 2" of slop.  Been moderate last hour though flakes have gone smaller just recently. Intellicast radar continues to look good to me.  North shore, just east of the OKX radar blind spot.  Looks like upglide has been favoring north of LIE to LI Sound out this way, starting from reasonably persistent dry south of LI.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived