March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Mt. Holly increased totals for most of NJ. 16" now forecasted at KMMU

https://www.weather.gov/phi/winter

why would they do this...Im not getting 15 inches...ive had about an 1.25 inches on grass and nothing on pavement and light rates throughout, sure it will accumulate eventually but I am not buying that amount at all

19 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Mt. Holly increased totals for most of NJ. 16" now forecasted at KMMU

https://www.weather.gov/phi/winter

why would they do this...Im not getting 15 inches...ive had about an 1.25 inches on grass and nothing on pavement and light rates throughout, sure it will accumulate eventually but I am not buying that amount at all

1 minute ago, winterwarlock said:

Cannot believe I am actually agreeing with the warlock, but I agree.  I don't expect anything heavy until later, but 15" is a stretch.  I have been going with a prediction of 7" since last night.  I hope the NWS proves me very wrong.  Come on heavy rates!

1 minute ago, chrisNJ said:

Cannot believe I am actually agreeing with the warlock, but I agree.  I don't expect anything heavy until later, but 15" is a stretch.  I have been going with a prediction of 7" since last night.  I hope the NWS proves me very wrong.  Come on heavy rates!

Unless they are thinking a better snow ratio. The stuff falling right now is pretty dry, not those huge, wet flakes some of you are getting.

1 minute ago, chrisNJ said:

reasonable is 6-12 for central jersey with a wording there could be some lollipop higher amounts in bands.....they have been all over 12-18 since that euro run yesterday of course the euro slashed that in half and they go and up the amounts this morning

2 minutes ago, chrisNJ said:

Since I have less than an inch over several hours, I too don't see where these big numbers are going to come from.

4 minutes ago, snywx said:

Not one flake lol.. Ive been under heavy echoes all morning

It took about a good 2 hours under 30dbz echos before it started actually qualifying as light snow here. KSWF is still reporting a dew point of 16, which I think is actually quite a bit higher than it was a few hours ago. KCDW went from 34 degrees and overcast with a dew point of 16 around 9:30 to 29 degrees with moderate snow and dew point of 21 degrees.

1 minute ago, Big Jims Videos said:

In Sea Bright and I'm underwhelmed.  Lol.  It's snowing and sleeting lightly but watching the Shrewsbury river for any signs of flooding.  Will be live at noon then a big lunch at bubbakoos :)

Oh, yeah I forgot about that. At Barnegat Inlet, they are saying a 3 foot surge

1 minute ago, Big Jims Videos said:

In Sea Bright and I'm underwhelmed.  Lol.  It's snowing and sleeting lightly but watching the Shrewsbury river for any signs of flooding.  Will be live at noon then a big lunch at bubbakoos :)

You should have chased up around New Brunswick. I think that area might have the highest totals in NJ by tomorrow morning.

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It took about a good 2 hours under 30dbz echos before it started actually qualifying as light snow here. KSWF is still reporting a dew point of 16, which I think is actually quite a bit higher than it was a few hours ago. KCDW went from 34 degrees and overcast with a dew point of 16 around 9:30 to 29 degrees with moderate snow and dew point of 21 degrees.

With Weather Underground's radar I just click hide clutter. Seems almost spot-on

Just now, NJwx85 said:

My dew is slowly creeping up. Was 13° earlier this morning, now at 16°. Noticed lgt snow has begun in Warwick a few mins ago. Should be a matter of time before we start seeing flakes here.

2 minutes ago, Northwest NJ said:

When is the brunt of the storm with the heavy snow supposed to hit NYC.?  It has only been snowing lightly for the last 45 minutes and  I want to take the  express bus from Bayside Queens into Manhattan and leave the city around 5PM but don't want to have a hard time getting home.

I wouldn't leave NYC any later than 3PM.

2 minutes ago, Northwest NJ said:

When is the brunt of the storm with the heavy snow supposed to hit NYC.?  It has only been snowing lightly for the last 45 minutes and  I want to take the  express bus from Bayside Queens into Manhattan and leave the city around 5PM but don't want to have a hard time getting home.

see if you can leave earlier. if it comes down hard their won't be any express buses..

1 minute ago, snywx said:

My dew is slowly creeping up. Was 13° earlier this morning, now at 16°. Noticed lgt snow has begun in Warwick a few mins ago. Should be a matter of time before we start seeing flakes here.

With the last few storms, especially the one on March 7th, it went from flurries to moderate snow in about two minutes. This time around we had a lot more dry air to overcome.

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

1" on the ground an 31F; only got about 1/4" the past hour with light/moderate snow; streets now mostly black again as we've had some melting.  Need greater rates to cover them, which look to be coming, based on radar filling in.  Good thing about higher ratio, drier snow is less sticking to trees and power lines and less outages...

1.5" OTG as of 11:30 am, so 1/2" in the last 90 minutes - been mostly light to moderate. 14Z HRRR only had me at 1.5" at this point and 12Z NAM had me around an inch or so, which is pretty impressive actually, although HRRR only has me at about 9" at the end and NAM at almost 11", which would be fine, but maybe a little disappointing. 

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived