Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NJwx85 said:

Yeah but he's reporting 3" OTG. I am questioning if that's on paved surfaces or just the grass. I'm assuming it's 3" on the grass and maybe a slushy half inch on pavement.

from what i can see that is not just a slushy half inch to my eyes looks like a inch or 2 of snow on the sidewalks..

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Yeah but he's reporting 3" OTG. I am questioning if that's on paved surfaces or just the grass. I'm assuming it's 3" on the grass and maybe a slushy half inch on pavement.

elevated surfaces have 3.5” here, sidewalks 1-3 depending on location. bedford ave has a very thin slush but traffic is flying - it’s more or less wet. 

2 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

elevated surfaces have 3.5” here, sidewalks 1-3 depending on location. bedford ave has a very thin slush but traffic is flying - it’s more or less wet. 

Thanks, maybe a slushy half inch is underdone for parts of the city, but I'm guessing that mid-town is speeding along just fine.

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Mt. Holly increased totals for most of NJ. 16" now forecasted at KMMU

https://www.weather.gov/phi/winter

Dear God, no. Any other winter I would have welcomed that, but coming on the heels of March 2nd (wind that caused me $800 in tree damage), March 7th (20"+ with no power), and my kids' little league season hoping to get on the fields soon, I'm content with this not panning out and letting the city be hit hard.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

The latest HRRR still has well over an inch LE to come for NYC.

You can see the wave of more sustained heavier precip developing near the strengthening low and rotating northward into the area as the day progresses.

Heres hoping we all do well

3 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

looks like a lull will happen soon in the city at at the wrong time of the day hope the temps wont rise to much..

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I'm worried about that too...hoping the storm pivots in time to avoid that. 

Relax, this is the beginning of the CCB. You can see the radar really starting to blossom over interior NY now. That will then pivot Eastward this afternoon.

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

Prob a nice 6-10" for the city.. They deserve it they have been shafted all month. The writing is on the wall up here for this one. 

Yeah are you accumulating up there at all? The radar looks better than some of the models are indicating up by you FWIW.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived