Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

10 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Thinking about it, I agree with you. Even out here, ratios will probably be only 5-7:1. And in the city maybe 3-4:1. Especially with daylight savings.

Yessss finally someone is talking about the daylight savings issue which is legit since they changed the law now in late March we have to worry about sun angle and an extra hour of sunlight every day is a huge factor in late season storms

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Drz1111 said:

Yessss finally someone is talking about the daylight savings issue which is legit since they changed the law now in late March we have to worry about sun angle and an extra hour of sunlight every day is a huge factor in late season storms

Unless it's a strong storm

Sun angle don't mean anything with good rates and cold temps.

The sun is out for the same amount of time. The DST has nothing to die with sun angle. 

5 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Please tell me you aren't serious. Our laws dont effect mother nature. We haven't added any extra daylight.

5 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

daylight savings has nothing to do with it-it's darker an hour later in the morning, we simply moved the hour of light to the evening.    It's still 12 hrs of light with or without DST.  But yes, there will be some issues b/w 10am and 2-3pm if it's not coming down heavy.   Luckily the best snows are from 3-9pm or something like that.

7 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Bingo! 

I mean: I just filled out my bingo card checking off the dumbest possible posts.

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I knew back in 01 or 02 when they advanced DST up to March they were never going back.  They claimed it was temporary due to rising energy costs but I said we would never refer back to early April.  Don’t forget that prior to 1987 it was late April 

some states are trying to get rid of it altogether (MA and FL).   They want to stay on DST the whole year.   The move to March was in 2007.   It was part of an energy bill.   

Just now, Brian5671 said:

some states are trying to get rid of it altogether (MA and FL).   They want to stay on DST the whole year.   The move to March was in 2007.   It was part of an energy bill.   

Florida is getting fights from western areas since they’d have like a 905am sunrise in parts of October and March 

10 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Had me going for a minute there.....

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Personally I would gladly stay on DST the whole year. The only problem for me would be that model runs would be later all year. (I wouldn't need the morning light). I can see why other people disagree though.

Just now, ThatHurricane said:

Personally I would gladly stay on DST the whole year. The only problem for me would be that model runs would be later all year. (I wouldn't need the morning light). I can see why other people disagree though.

hard to change it around here-too many people cross state lines for work-unless it's a block of states, forget it, not happening.

2 minutes ago, ThatHurricane said:

Those 2AM Euro runs are a killer during these storms!

13 minutes ago, Joe4alb said:

Please tell me you aren't serious. Our laws dont effect mother nature. We haven't added any extra daylight.

No you see because the sunlight is in the evening not the morning it happens when the temps are warmer so it effects accumulations more it’s science

No you see because the sunlight is in the evening not the morning it happens when the temps are warmer so it effects accumulations more it’s science

That shouldn't be affected. Everything just shifts forward one hour, including temperatures. What time we say it is doesn't have an influence on the weather/temperatures.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived