Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NewYorkweatherfan said:

I'm dumbfounded at the guy that's calling 3-6 inches for new York city he must be from northern New Jersey. Don't worry dude you're not getting shafted I'm sure you'll get the death band after it stalls at NYC and pivots north after several hours. I'm in sure you'll get hammered the whole sjbforum will except Monticello 

If it’s 34 instead of 32 for much of the storm and the best banding happens away from the city, it could certainly happen. I would definitely go with 8-12 given the bullish guidance. But it’s been wrong before. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

If it’s 34 instead of 32 for much of the storm and the best banding happens away from the city, it could certainly happen. I would definitely go with 8-12 given the bullish guidance. But it’s been wrong before. 

Agreed it's been wrong but the temps were never wrong on any of the past storms the writing was on the wall for the past few noreasters this month for the temps to be above freezing on all guidance. This time around the writing is on the wall but instead its the opposite they are depicting temps below freezing. 3-6 Is too little besides this storm is going to be a long lasting event about 24hrs probably around 20 cause they always move faster the modeled. Regardless I think we are okay unless this storm just gets undermodeled and scoots east. Doubt it. Can't wait till tomorrow gotta track the death band. You know what I noticed tracking storms is probably just as fun as being out in one! 

3 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

Agreed it's been wrong but the temps were never wrong on any of the past storms the writing was on the wall for the past few noreasters this month for the temps to be above freezing on all guidance. This time around the writing is on the wall but instead its the opposite they are depicting temps below freezing. 3-6 Is too little besides this storm is going to be a long lasting event about 24hrs probably around 20 cause they always move faster the modeled. Regardless I think we are okay unless this storm just gets undermodeled and scoots east. Doubt it. Can't wait till tomorrow gotta track the death band. You know what I noticed tracking storms is probably just as fun as being out in one! 

I think whatever death band happens takes place west of the city for a while because it’s so frequent when good forcing gets into NJ, but odds are we all get into good action for a time. 

14 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

i find it hard to believe it will be 34 with heavy precip in the city in southern jersey when you had some precip today temps were freezing or even slightly below..

10 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

nyc is most certainly not getting a slop storm from this

New Jersey Dewpoint Temperature Map

Speaking of Rutgers, the dopey chem dept had scheduled a review for 820 tonight and my son feels he needs to be there. Right now things look ok here but this review will go on till around 11. I'm worried about him is there a chance anything will be cranking tonight by that time ( he just called to tell me his car didn't start earlier but now it just did, give an old man a stroke ) anyone can feel free to weigh in here. 

10 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I think whatever death band happens takes place west of the city for a while because it’s so frequent when good forcing gets into NJ, but odds are we all get into good action for a time. 

Think we''ll do better this time out, but don't think over a foot is realistic. Several stations calling 6-12.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Think we''ll do better this time out, but don't think over a foot is realistic. Several stations calling 6-12.

I like our chances.  I’m in Kenilworth.  I think this is our storm, meaning those who have been fringed or subsidenced on the big storms so far this winter.  

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

6-12 is a good conservative call, but people here keep citing the date and past storms as if they have bearing here. There is a very good chance for over a foot considering the guidance. 

1 minute ago, SleetStormNJ said:

I like our chances.  I’m in Kenilworth.  I think this is our storm, meaning those who have been fringed or subsidenced on the big storms so far this winter.  

Me too. My district actually hasn't canceled but I already called my parents to reschedule IEP meetings. Rutgers is closed tomorrow ( but not tonight see my post above ) as are Philly and NYC schools. 

1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

6-12 is a good conservative call, but people here keep citing the date and past storms as if they have bearing here. There is a very good chance for over a foot considering the guidance. 

Sure, it could happen. Double digit storms don't happen every day here, but they do happen. We just missed 10 by a hair in April 82, some places had a foot.

Guys every storm this month was historic in their ways. Snow wise for NYC this has the most potential since January 04, 2018 and also January 23, 2016. This is our storm man drop the sticking conversation and if the city is getting 3-6 its obviously getting more. You may have your opinion amd i respect that but you're against the odds here. Good luck with the 3-6 call though. Philly went down to 31 today and it stuck!

22 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Speaking of Rutgers, the dopey chem dept had scheduled a review for 820 tonight and my son feels he needs to be there. Right now things look ok here but this review will go on till around 11. I'm worried about him is there a chance anything will be cranking tonight by that time ( he just called to tell me his car didn't start earlier but now it just did, give an old man a stroke ) anyone can feel free to weigh in here. 

things don't get cranking until the morning

17 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

Guys every storm this month was historic in their ways. Snow wise for NYC this has the most potential since January 04, 2018 and also January 23, 2016. This is our storm man drop the sticking conversation and if the city is getting 3-6 its obviously getting more. You may have your opinion amd i respect that but you're against the odds here. Good luck with the 3-6 call though. Philly went down to 31 today and it stuck!

It’s funny but at the end of it all NYC might have the least snow of DCA PHL BOS for March.  Let’s say NYC gets 12 tomorrow which puts them at 16 or so.  If DCA gets close to 8 or a bit over and that storm this weekend hits them they may end up ahead for the month 

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived