Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

1 minute ago, Ace said:

Am I missing something? The 12Z Euro and the 0Z NAM has surface temps in the upper 20's to 30 degrees during the height of the precipitation. Several degrees lower than our previous storms.

I'm a bit confused as well. It's 37/28 on Tuesday and then 30/28 on Wednesday according to the last NWS update. We're not talking about huge warmth before so I'm confused about this sticking issue..

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jm1220 said:

If the temp is really 30 or below, I completely agree. And the Wed storm has to really produce. At 30 or below, i'll stick everywhere especially with good rates. But I'm not sold that we're at that point yet. If the Euro tonight is another bomb, it'll get me pretty much there. 

The 0z NAM was what I needed to see. I'm confident the Euro holds serve. 

Also think the GFS will trend wetter. 

1 minute ago, stockmanjr said:

I'm a bit confused as well. It's 37/28 on Tuesday and then 30/28 on Wednesday according to the last NWS update. We're not talking about huge warmth before so I'm confused about this sticking issue..

This sticking issue has and always will be brought up by many people, obviously past storms this March have proven to warrant that issue. However, this storm will be much colder that all the past. 2-3 degrees will make a massive difference. 

Ggem is a good model that catches on to systems when all models lose it. It happened 3 night's ago ggem was the only model to show a hit. Pay attention if ggem shows a hit for the weekend storm than it could be onto something. I'd go with nam-euro- and gfs blend they are all almost identical let's not forget uncle

1 minute ago, Gravity Wave said:

It would be really nice if the heavy banding came in the evening to minimize the sun angle melting.

image.thumb.png.8fddfd293a361a3c1b52eb0857035288.png

I'm also wary of models trending to showing better frontogenesis and banding over NJ rather than over NYC/the coast, but the Wed storm being a factor has to be worthwhile at this point. 

22 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The snow shouldn't have a problem sticking on Wednesday . I think alot of people are downplaying this threat.

I think playing it conservative is best given our past three storms, the fact that it's late March, and that anything over 6" in the city is historic post March 20.

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

I think playing it conservative is best given our past three storms, the fact that it's late March, and that anything over 6" in the city is historic post March 20.

Playing conservative is fine but those are faulty reasons. This storm will be clearly colder than the other 3 at the coast and you can't just assume that it's going to be less than 6" due to climo because this is a historic pattern and to be honest, climo hasn't really come into play in the 2010s when looking at all the extremes.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived