Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Those weenie maps are overdone, even for the interior, even with the insane amount of precip. 2” of liquid won’t yield anyone 20” of snow on the ground. Maybe 7:1 or 8:1, and it’s going to have some issues sticking to pavement even at 30 degrees.

No concern in the higher terrain with sticking or temps.

0 z nam smokes my area.

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

This is very close to a mecs for NYC

Surface isn't the problem but the 850s are for a short period of time. Is the Nam overdoing it ? Possible but this looks like a classic north east snowstorm.

I’m going with 4-8” in NYC, and it wouldn’t shock me if Central Park recorded less.

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

This is very close to a mecs for NYC

Surface isn't the problem but the 850s are for a short period of time. Is the Nam overdoing it ? Possible but this looks like a classic north east snowstorm.

remember feb 2013...that little warm layer....effed us

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Those weenie maps are overdone, even for the interior, even with the insane amount of precip. 2” of liquid won’t yield anyone 20” of snow on the ground. Maybe 7:1 or 8:1, and it’s going to have some issues sticking to pavement even at 30 degrees.

whats your reasoning on interior, ill take my area for example...16F tonight, high of 33 tomorrow, then 26 tomorrow night, then just up to freezing WED, then snow falls at 28F.....with 850s at -5+... i dont think the grounds gonna have a cooling issue

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I would still watch tomorrow afternoon.  The 3K wants to get stuff in still.  The HRRR is useless at this range but it does as well 

Yeah I think it’s one of those where we helucinate all afternoon that the radar is better than it actually is. Those sim radars are always more bullish than reality, but the accumulated precipitation panels are promising.

1 minute ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

whats your reasoning on interior, ill take my area for example...16F tonight, high of 33 tomorrow, then 26 tomorrow night, then just up to freezing WED, then snow falls at 28F.....with 850s at -5+... i dont think the grounds gonna have a cooling issue

You have to remember that your backyard is different than most, however you still won’t accumulate like you would have a month ago.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

You have to remember that your backyard is different than most, however you still won’t accumulate like you would have a month ago.

i understand that, but you specifically said interior...the interior with those soundings is not gonna be 7:1..... i just snowed at 34 degrees and marginal 850 and accumulated 19" no problem

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived