SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On May 9th 1977 NYC tied its latest trace for snow; I know because I was in a Meteorology course in College looking out the window.

25 miles north of the city with temps hovering at 32-33 degrees over a foot accumulated..on ashphalt, cement everything. That date May 9th is 7 weeks from now.

Persistence overcome resistance

I do believe that someone sees 1.5 LE but I think that those with most LE see a lot of mixing, mostly SN/PL. The frontogenic forcing with this event will not cause nearly as impressive of a CCB as the last event. I think there's a 1-1.5 in/hr ceiling with this event. There's probably going to be a lot of slop with temps around 32.

Just now, weatherlogix said:

I drove down to a Philly that day. Stand still in the NJ turnpike...

My friend took 6 hours to get from Forest Hills to Bellmore.  Problem is since it wasnt forecast everyone went to work or drove instead of taking the LIRR.  I was working a non weather job at that time and was lucky to have taken that Friday as a holiday by chance 

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

My friend took 6 hours to get from Forest Hills to Bellmore.  Problem is since it wasnt forecast everyone went to work or drove instead of taking the LIRR.  I was working a non weather job at that time and was lucky to have taken that Friday as a holiday by chance 

Funny, I lived in Forest Hills at the time and it was the starting point of my journey. 

On 3/18/2018 at 7:56 AM, Brasiluvsnow said:

Larrye , my post yesterday said that it was way too early to call this storm either way. I understand that there are many things that need to be taken into consideration and I am not attacking you or what you wrote in any way. That said yesterday you posted " Right now, people who are willing to face the facts and not wishcast, are able to see that the probabilities for a significant snow event in our area have significantly decreased and would seem to be unlikely. Is it still possible? Sure. Likely? No."  so my question is would this still be your thought or do yesterday slight trends or the overnight guidance come into play ? I still think this could go either way there is still lots of time but we do have something to track .

Looks like you may have been right after all :-).

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived