Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

4 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Oh please with this ice storm narrative. Sleet is fine and your not getting any significant icing in this setup.

Yeah, this is a sleet/snow setup not a freezing rain setup and a whole crapload of snow and sleet.  I don't want to get too excited because we in the immediate NYC have had 3 gut wrenching near misses but this one looks like the real deal for us, more cold air to work with this time around.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Snow88 said:

12 + on the Nam for NYC

Sleet and snow lol

Have to look at soundings to see how long the warm layer persists on the Nam. A couple of hours could be big if that's when the max intensity happens. But verbatim, yeah, that's a scalping from +PL and then heavy snow once the CCB takes over. Other models though are more focused on wave 2 and don't bring wave 1 this far north. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Problem is, it might be more accurate. It's purpose is for the finer details. If I'm not mistaken it led the way in seeing the warm nose for last March's slizzard.

A big reason the NAM might have that warm layer late in round 1 and for early round 2 is because it’s so far north and aggressive with wave 1.  I’m not sure I buy that idea or not.  If it’s correct there are going to be plenty of shocked people tomorrow in the area 

1 minute ago, Big Jims Videos said:

Don't poo poo impacts of sleet.  I drove to news 12 in the thunder sleet the other week from exit 98. Saw 12 vehicles wrecked on the parkway and it was absolutely terrifying.  

The Meadowbrook parkway was closed early in the evening on 1/27/04 because that storm started as sleet and there were tons of accidents  

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived