joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21Z RPM is amped up and gets heavy precip well into the interior - foot plus over most of eastern PA to just W/N of the city. jackpot 16+ in north-central to northeast NJ up to POU/SWF. the city proper gets into pellets. everyone in this forum would still see at least several more inches after the run ends.

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Thanks.

Big snow:

RGEM AND NAM

Moderate snow:

EURO

Skim:

GFS and ICON

Miss:

CMC and UKMET

We are no closer to a consensus then we were 6 hours ago or 24 hours ago. Like I said earlier today, after the 12z runs tomorrow will be my deciding time to either go all in or bail out regardless of what actually happens.

18 minutes ago, Metasequoia said:

18Z GEFS at 500 MB = Not a bad look...imageproxy-6.thumb.png.e68445aa9527add30561dc81c0be5226.png

I keep seeing these images of decent closed h5 lows east of the EC and folks are jumping for joy. This image is not impressive! Folks have to look for the divergence aloft NE of H5 low for best lift and most times, best precipitation. This is first day of synoptic meteo 101.

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I keep seeing these images of decent closed h5 lows east of the EC and folks are jumping for joy. This image is not impressive! Folks have to look for the divergence aloft NE of H5 low for best lift and most times, best precipitation. This is first day of synoptic meteo 101.

Most of us aren't meteorologists (myself included), but we love weather. That's why we like this forum. 

Yes, upon closer look.  It's not impressive. Northwest of H5 is weak looking. Sometimes us non-mets just get too excited.

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Eh, it's almost April anything light won't accumulate. It's got long duration potential but that means light/moderate daytime snow. 

This is going to be a cold storm with possible below freezing temps. We have seen April snowstorms.

5 minutes ago, Ace said:

This is probably gonna be another money run. 0Z Nam has the second shortwave hanging back some more vs 18Z.

There's several things i dislike about this nam run so far.    I hope it recovers.  Compare h5 to the last run and you'll see why.

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

There's several things i dislike about this nam run so far.    I hope it recovers.  Compare h5 to the last run and you'll see why.

We'll see how it turns out, but I do believe it will be closer to its 18Z depiction than its 12Z depiction.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived