SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM at it again.   This time it is the 18Z.   By the Cobb Snow Method we are getting 18" on 2.10", or 9:1.  Albeit this is a warmer column than yesterday's run which was 17:1 with 25"+.   In-between runs had no precipitation and no snow.   Performance is appalling for the models, even given the difficulties of inviting too many guest (pieces of energy) to the party and not knowing who will get along with whom.

1 minute ago, purduewx80 said:

thread title reverse psych ftw?

I'm not one that believes in that stuff but many others enjoy it.  Just trying to keep this place fun and have a relaxed atmosphere.  

I really think it's coming.  If im wrong, oh well. 

4 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I'm not one that believes in that stuff but many others enjoy it.  Just trying to keep this place fun and have a relaxed atmosphere.  

Well your not the one to honk for no reason so when you do it’s defjnitely noteworthy!

11 minutes ago, Rjay said:

same and i appreciate that. 

i’ve definitely seen enough today to lean towards at least some accumulation happening. not 100% sold on 6+ real inches yet but it certainly seems to be a possibility.

Starting to get interested for the city and coast. The airmass definitely seems colder than the last few events, hopefully enough to stick. The rates are looking to be at least moderate for a while, and storm 2 at least looks intriguing and could be a bomb if wave 1 doesn’t throw off the baroclinic zone. Hopefully tomorrow the trends continue. 

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Starting to get interested for the city and coast. The airmass definitely seems colder than the last few events, hopefully enough to stick. The rates are looking to be at least moderate for a while, and storm 2 at least looks intriguing and could be a bomb if wave 1 doesn’t throw off the baroclinic zone. Hopefully tomorrow the trends continue. 

About the ground temperature, it's probably going to be warmer than the air I think near 40. But as soon as the snow hits the ground, it will cool down really quickly

Storm details will be ironed out over the next few days, but what has been apparent is the availability of more low level cold air while mid level temperatures may be more questionable in comparison to our previous storms this month. Obviously low pressure proximity and precipitation rates will go a long way in dictating precipitation types, but this will be something to keep in mind as we go forward.

EDIT: The first storm of this month had toasty midlevel temperatures as well.

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived