March 20th-22nd Suppressed, Fish, Not Coming Threat

Rjay

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Enigma said:

German is nice 4-8 event

black/white Canadian images look like a massive storm

Good trends tonight. So either the models are keying on wave 2, or we could be trending towards a wave 1 and 2 merger. Looks like the GFS is having its typical SE bias at this stage of the game. Now lets see if the EURO shows it then I'll bite.

7 minutes ago, Mitchel Volk said:

If the first wave keeps wearing then the second wave would be stronger and further west.  Baroclincity would remain on the east coast, instead of being disminished by the first wave.

So are you implying the further north the first wave is the better it would be for the second?

My favorite model cmc has us with over a foot of snow in the next 100hrs this is trending good. The best model out there is the cmc without a doubt. I really don’t care for icon gfs or the euro. The ukmet not having anything for us is concerning but it has been blurping lately so let’s see by tomorrow afternoon we should really see some good trends or bad trends and ascertain most of the future weather!

00z CMC shifts NORTH, bringing HEAVY snow to NYC!

Sunday & Monday will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Funny, we are all worried about March suppressing a storm, in addition when the clear seasonal trend has been north, so I wont be surprised if we get a semi-cutter in the end! Lol

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_15.png

Just now, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Euro looks like it keyed on the second wave and it brings it up the coast. Scrapes us but definitely going towards the cmc

That's exactly what we want at this stage. Keeps the heights off the coast up, and consolidates all the energy into the second wave which would naturally want it to come more west. And I like the subtle shift north, given that 3-4 days is more than enough time to bring the EURO back west enough for a big hit for NYC.

It is seriously our turn. 

We have seen models do this before with numerous storms. First storm trends weaker over time so the second one can steal the show. The hope is that we see more amplitude with the second low the next few days and it comes further NW for a nice snow event in later runs.

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

We have seen models do this before with numerous storms. First storm trends weaker over time so the second one can steal the show. The hope is that we see more amplitude with the second low the next few days and it comes further NW for a nice snow event in later runs.

It rarely doesn’t screw us either.  The only way that scenario ever really works out is if the NAO is negative like this   

22 hours ago, larrye said:

It's really very simple. Weather forecasting is a matter not of completely objective black and white exactness - it is a matter of probabilities for certain solutions and those probabilities become a little more reliable as one comes within less and less time of the event. Climatology also has to be taken into consideration.

Right now, people who are willing to face the facts and not wishcast, are able to see that the probabilities for a significant snow event in our area have significantly decreased and would seem to be unlikely. Is it still possible? Sure. Likely? No. 

Larrye , my post yesterday said that it was way too early to call this storm either way. I understand that there are many things that need to be taken into consideration and I am not attacking you or what you wrote in any way. That said yesterday you posted " Right now, people who are willing to face the facts and not wishcast, are able to see that the probabilities for a significant snow event in our area have significantly decreased and would seem to be unlikely. Is it still possible? Sure. Likely? No."  so my question is would this still be your thought or do yesterday slight trends or the overnight guidance come into play ? I still think this could go either way there is still lots of time but we do have something to track .

• BxEngine locked this topic
  • Rjay unlocked this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived