Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Potential Snow Event

snowlover2

59 minutes ago, OHweather said:

That's decent given how much more snow is left with the moderate snow not in any hurry to move...you may not quite get 6" but I'd have to think doubling what you have won't be hard 

I figured being more north in Knox county I'd be safe but this dry slot has been an absolute killer. Had a brief period of moderate snow maybe 20 minutes, got a 1/4 inch and nothing since that was at 1130...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

I figured being more north in Knox county I'd be safe but this dry slot has been an absolute killer. Had a brief period of moderate snow maybe 20 minutes, got a 1/4 inch and nothing since that was at 1130...

It is slowly filling in so hopefully you can get a couple of inches still.  Was worried about where the western edge of the dry slot would setup, definitely a little more NW than I thought.  

Decent snow continues here, about an inch in the last hour and about 2” down. 

Still pouring snow here.

Wish it would have been windy. Would have been a dope storm if it were. 

Not really sure why I was never under an advisory. Literally poured snow the whole time I was at work. And I dunno why they dropped the advisory to the south of me. It is still going to snow for a few more hours at the very least. 

Made the mistake of peaking at things when I woke up in the middle of the night.  That dry slot is still pesky, the bust area may extend into Columbus...just doesn’t appear they’ve gotten much accumulation yet.  Highest report in SW OH so far of 3.5”, would’ve hoped for a bit more by now.  We’ll see what it looks like when all the reports come in in a few hours.  

here the fgen band is still parked.  At least 3” and still coming down.  CLE managed to talk themselves into cancelling the WW.Y with half inch to inch per hour snow parked across the heart of their CWA heading into the commute.  I don’t think I’ve publicly made a negative comment about them all winter so I’m allowed one, and they definitely earned it.  The old guard at CLE sort of reminds me of when Bob Davidson used to ump MLB games.  Just see things a little bit differently than most others I guess. 

5 minutes ago, OHweather said:

Made the mistake of peaking at things when I woke up in the middle of the night.  That dry slot is still pesky, the bust area may extend into Columbus...just doesn’t appear they’ve gotten much accumulation yet.  Highest report in SW OH so far of 3.5”, would’ve hoped for a bit more by now.  We’ll see what it looks like when all the reports come in in a few hours.  

here the fgen band is still parked.  At least 3” and still coming down.  CLE managed to talk themselves into cancelling the WW.Y with half inch to inch per hour snow parked across the heart of their CWA heading into the commute.  I don’t think I’ve publicly made a negative comment about them all winter so I’m allowed one, and they definitely earned it.  The old guard at CLE sort of reminds me of when Bob Davidson used to ump MLB games.  Just see things a little bit differently than most others I guess. 

All they had to do is look out the window. WTF?

Just now, Benadrill said:

All they had to do is look out the window. WTF?

The airport where they’re at got 1” in the 3-4am hour and has 3” total as of 4am.  It’s borderline hilarious.  I get that some of their southern counties from Holmes to Stark aren’t getting great snow, but with surrounding offices keeping up their advisories, other areas seeing more legitimate snow in their forecast area, and snow continuing through the commute area wide, why they’d cancel mid event is just completely beyond me.  Snow is also really picking up in Youngstown where they had an advisory and that area may get 4-6”. I’m going back to sleep and look forward to seeing what I end up with since I’m still under the band and it’s coming down nicely. 

Not writing the obit yet as the radar looks to bring in some decent returns from the southeast.  That being said, models started to pick up on the dryslot over central Ohio yesterday.  I think the primary tracked further nw then ecpected which is why the dryslot moved from southeast Ohio and eastern WV to central and eastern Ohio.   Also the original jackpot area was suppose to be the PA/MD border, but it looks like northeast OH into central PA are getting the goods.  Akron/Youngstown area getting hammered.  

At least I woke up with the grass covered.  I told the guys yesterday to take today off...   <_<

Yea, this dry donut hole is really going to be a heart breaker for us here in Central OH. We might pick up a couple of inches when it starts filling in(?), but I'm not optimistic. Anyway, I'm expecting an important delivery from Fedex today, so at least that won't be delayed! The irony: the package I'm expecting is winter/slush floor mats for my Jeep. lol

1 minute ago, vespasian70 said:

Yea, this dry donut hole is really going to be a heart breaker for us here in Central OH. We might pick up a couple of inches when it starts filling in(?), but I'm not optimistic. Anyway, I'm expecting an important delivery from Fedex today, so at least that won't be delayed! The irony: the package I'm expecting is winter/slush floor mats for my Jeep. lol

Honestly, I got what I wanted out of this, an excuse to give the guys a day off so I could catch up on paperwork/office stuff.   Other than that and stat-padding, who cares?  Whatever fell would be gone by end of day tomorrow anyways.   

A January snowstorm bust is a kick in the nuts, a March bust is a finger flick on the earlobe. 

Got a solid 4 inches and poof it's almost all gone!  lol  Gotta love shovelless snows.  I went out around 6am and drove to the northside of Indy and back.  The roads were terrible.  Saw two cars flipped over in bare fields, no plows, no road treating, it was a mess.  Less than 2 miles west of me maybe 2 inches but some solid ice covered roads and surprisingly decent drifting. Just got worse to the east and north.  A lot of folks caught off guard this morning with the TV and KIND calling for an inch or two at most for the area.  Really was cool looking this morning and definitely wet snow, it felt like rain when it hit you.  I'll take it :weenie:

Archived