• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-22nd "Welcome to Spring" MECS/1958 Redux Threat

The Iceman

So mesos and higher res stuff farther N with heaviest stripe cutting across the mason-dixon line and across Chesco, Montco, Bucks, Delco, PHL over into NJ. Globals still generally a tick or 2 south but every run have come ever so slightly farther N. Im confident about this one.

NAM, GGEM, RGEMx, GEPS, EPS, Euro vs GFS, GEFS, and NAVGEM with the Ukie kind of in the middle. I would take those pairing any day of the week irt a potential significant storm.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So mesos and higher res stuff farther N with heaviest stripe cutting across the mason-dixon line and across Chesco, Montco, Bucks, Delco, PHL over into NJ. Globals still generally a tick or 2 south but every run have come ever so slightly farther N. Im confident about this one.

NAM, GGEM, RGEMx, GEPS, EPS, Euro vs GFS, GEFS, and NAVGEM with the Ukie kind of in the middle. I would take those pairing any day of the week irt a potential significant storm.

And this may not be the last threat of the season re: the euro.

Add the RPM to the NAM grouping. Has 12-16" for all of Bucks. The concensus continues to grow.

Eta: SREF just joined the North crew.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
41 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Add the RPM to the NAM grouping. Has 12-16" for all of Bucks. The concensus continues to grow.

I can't imagine shoveling 12"+ of what will be (?) heavy-heavy slop/stuff snow...

NAM 500mb and 300mb maps are gorgeous.....absolute bomb hugging the coast scenario unfolding there. I focused only on those 2 levels and compared past 3 runs and said wow, surface is going to be SICK! Got to surface maps and spit my drink out LOL. Utter garbage. The surface maps look like they came from some other model somewhere in the universe. They simply dont match up. LP should be crawling up the coast slamming DC-NYC at the very least. Very 1958 look. Instead, ZERO snow in E or SE PA whatsoever this run thru Thursday AM. I call bs on those NAM surface maps.

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

NAM 500mb and 300mb maps are gorgeous.....absolute bomb hugging the coast scenario unfolding there. I focused only on those 2 levels and compared past 3 runs and said wow, surface is going to be SICK! Got to surface maps and spit my drink out LOL. Utter garbage. The surface maps look like they came from some other model somewhere in the universe. They simply dont match up. LP should be crawling up the coast slamming DC-NYC at the very least. Very 1958 look. Instead, ZERO snow in E or SE PA whatsoever this run thru Thursday AM. I call bs on those NAM surface maps.

There's a good post in the NYC forum explaining some of what happened - more confluence, worse location of the ULL, more vorticity. But geez, how does a strong low off of the DE coast have nothing on the NW side? 

13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So zilch N of M/D line east of the Apps but nearly 2' in Southern lower elevation VA to the beach areas in late March? I wont say it is wrong but talk about HECS? That is a BECS scenario for them. eb8f40cb5bc60ee8182b3d5351688243.jpg

True historic storms typically come unexpected, undermodeled, with a path all their own. Lets not be underprepared for this Battleship sinker! 

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
22 minutes ago, RedSky said:
Seriously entertaining start to the Monday 0z suite. Can't wait to see what the goofus come up with in this convoluted setup.

Watch the GFS spit something out now like the 12z Euro to really mess with us.

I'd call that reassuring! So much jumping around it's hard to define expectations.

Cranky thinks here are too many vorts and such to congeal into a big storm and that does some up 0z guidance

https://twitter.com/crankywxguy/status/975581323866853376/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.americanwx.com%2Fbb%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fcrankywxguy%2Fstatus%2F975581323866853376

"The 0z GFS takes the 87 pieces of energy and turns them into 117 pieces of energy."

The antikythera device storm

ECM is 6-10" SEPA west to east with higher amounts east of I95 - Monmouth jackpot Keep in mind late March and it won't be 10:1 ratios so meh another medium SECS for me this certainly isn't going big to the NW

EPS is 12-18" SE PA fwiw with maybe 20" lollis in part of S Chesco and Delco. Thought I saw a max of 26" in NE PA. Total bomb scenario is back in play. Yeah Red, bummer up there where u r......a real letdown smh. 

431563df6bccd85ecb6fda35f72e25f7.jpg

Archived