Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-22nd "Welcome to Spring" MECS/1958 Redux Threat

The Iceman

2 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

All the models still look good to me. I still like a 6-12" storm, which is very good for late March.

But all the ramp up talk this afternoon and evening, 10-20" with 25" in some areas possibly, the 12-18" Now i am hearing there will be no CCB and 24 hours of light to mod snow lol 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

But all the ramp up talk this afternoon and evening, 10-20" with 25" in some areas possibly, the 12-18" Now i am hearing there will be no CCB and 24 hours of light to mod snow lol 

Should be at least moderate, but I am a little worried we won't see the huge totals. These things all winter have shifted east at the last minute.

I feel genuinely awful for the MA crew if the 0z runs are correct they are getting the rug yanked out from under them they were sitting at the table the food was on it's way and yank, i mean it's same old same old to a denizen of upper bucks but i had snow this winter

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I feel genuinely awful for the MA crew if the 0z runs are correct they are getting the rug yanked out from under them they were sitting at the table the food was on it's way and yank, i mean it's same old same old to a denizen of upper bucks but i had snow this winter

Yes I hope it turns out for us, but I really would feel bad for them. That Euro run just this afternoon gave them 2 feet!

3 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Yes I hope it turns out for us, but I really would feel bad for them. That Euro run just this afternoon gave them 2 feet!

Yeah, that must feel like that triple phaser we lost out on to NYC in 2015. Remember the John Boleris storyline with that one. Ugh, the indignity! Historic East Coast Bust! 

27 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Yeah...SE PA has done decent this winter.....Most of the region is a bit above average from a snowy December and the March nor'easters....... DC and Baltimore have gotten the shaft.  BWI is at 10 inches for the season and DCA is at 3.7 inches. They are way below average down there.

19 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Ukie cut qpf almost in half 

6-10" tomorrow going by the 0z run consensus 

Ugh I have a pit in my stomach. Went from a model consensus 12-20” to “6-10, Been over 3 years since I recorded a double digit snowfall in the Trenton area; it’s starting to get frustrating. And obviously the MA crew really got screwed. The models really screwed this one. The GFS has the best handle of it and even that was bullish at 18z.

Yep, a foot or so vs a few inches. March 2001 down there?

18 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Ugh I have a pit in my stomach. Went from a model consensus 12-20” to “6-10, Been over 3 years since I recorded a double digit snowfall in the Trenton area; it’s starting to get frustrating. And obviously the MA crew really got screwed. The models really screwed this one. The GFS has the best handle of it and even that was bullish at 18z.

ARRGGG......LOL!!!! The storm hasn't even begun yet and you (and others) are making model victory/loss declarations???!

For God's sake....let this play out folks!!!

ARRGGG......LOL!!!! The storm hasn't even begun yet and you (and others) are making model victory/loss declarations???!
For God's sake....let this play out folks!!!

Happens every single storm.....these types of bust posts are inevitable. Nowcast. Like I said tho, models aside as if they didn't exist, looking outside attm and seeing all sleet isnt leaving me with a warm fuzzy feeling but hopefully we can flip over within an hour or so as our coastal is in its infancy stages right now.

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Happens every single storm.....these types of bust posts are inevitable. Nowcast. Like I said tho, models aside as if they didn't exist, looking outside attm and seeing all sleet isnt leaving me with a warm fuzzy feeling but hopefully we can flip over within an hour or so as our coastal is in its infancy stages right now.

Rather see them wait and then decide winners/losers post final flakes!!!

I think a quick flip is a sure bet as the blossoming ramps up!!

Edit: flakes mixing in just now..liking radar for sure!!

Rather see them wait and then decide winners/losers post final flakes!!!
I think a quick flip is a sure bet as the blossoming ramps up!!
Edit: flakes mixing in just now..liking radar for sure!!

Agreed, radar starting to light up. Hrrr has sleet line nosing WNW thru parts of Eastern PA thru next 3-5 hours before collapsing SE fwiw.

Archived