March 20-22nd "Welcome to Spring" MECS/1958 Redux Threat

The Iceman

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No map this time but here is my call for right now:

6-12" with locally 18" from NJ TPK west

3-6" for extreme SNJ and coastal areas

Looking like a widespread major snowstorm for all with areas that get hit with the CCB pivot seeing the highest amounts which I believe will be in the 16-20" range. Outside of that area though sun angle will keep the totals lower than other MECS but impacts will still be significant as it will be a very heavy wet snow. Severe tree and power line damage is likely. 

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

No map this time but here is my call for right now:

6-12" with locally 18" from NJ TPK west

3-6" for extreme SNJ and coastal areas

Looking like a widespread major snowstorm for all with areas that get hit with the CCB pivot seeing the highest amounts which I believe will be in the 16-20" range. Outside of that area though sun angle will keep the totals lower than other MECS but impacts will still be significant as it will be a very heavy wet snow. Severe tree and power line damage is likely. 

That ='s power outages....w/o any wind. With wind, good shot the generator gets a good workout.....snow will be super-mega heavy/stickage.

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Wind speeds for the storm I am reading are 18-30mph- nothing out of the ordinary for a nor'easter i would expect scattered power outages due to snow weight on trees but nothing excessive.

This will be a mix of March storms 1&2, 1 had wind not much snow 2 was heavy snow very little wind. Both storms did quite a bit of tree and power damage

1 minute ago, penndotguy said:

Exactly not holding my breath but maybe this is the one that over performs, so far this year when Mt Hollly has gone high with the amounts for us we have been screwed when they have been conservative we have done well so time will tell

Actually I think you may something decent this time around. (I lived in Royersford, Limerick years ago)...you may have a decent hit this time around.

18 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Exactly not holding my breath but maybe this is the one that over performs, so far this year when Mt Hollly has gone high with the amounts for us we have been screwed when they have been conservative we have done well so time will tell

Here's the deal for us N&W guys we have been here and done this before - bombing coastal's in this era pull precipitation SE in a tight core and time and again model guidance never catches up with the heavy snow field too far NW. Will this be different i hope but why believe that it will?

Archived