• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bostonseminole

March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Time for BOS to cash in now...looks like its finally getting there. That 128-495 zone just continues to get nuked

Mar13_512pmRadar.gif

We're ripping now as that band has finally arrived.

Just now, dendrite said:

Your backyard must look like Lopstick right now.

Just walked out to the Davis. Close to 2' otg. This is even like upslope fluff too

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

@dryslot it was quite the interesting SOB to track though

Days and days and hours and hours tracking sfc lows and QPF when as usual it comes down to nailing the mid level forcing <24hrs before the event. Hopefully someday we can toss most of those snow maps out the window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Days and days and hours and hours tracking sfc lows and QPF when as usual it comes down to nailing the mid level forcing <24hrs before the event. Hopefully someday we can toss most of those snow maps out the window.

Still, I thought someone like hoth would do better.

2 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Just walked out to the Davis. Close to 2' otg. This is even like upslope fluff too

I try to keep telling myself that I don’t care. You’ll probably melt out before me too despite having double the pack. :axe:

• Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

I try to keep telling myself that I don’t care. You’ll probably melt out before me too despite having double the pack. :axe:

Oh, I sense you are fairly close to melting right now.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Time for BOS to cash in now...looks like its finally getting there. That 128-495 zone just continues to get nuked

Mar13_512pmRadar.gif

I don't know if it's gonna get to us in Eastie. Just in subsidence right now that will probably continue

Just now, JC-CT said:

Oh, I sense you are fairly close to melting right now.

I’ll start to feel better when I’m snowblowing at 9pm and the snow isn’t going over the top of it.

That easterly inflow currently happening into the coastline should continue another three more hours as the mega band moves towards the coast from the west it will combine with banding over the Cape and produce 2-4"/hour rates for a few hours as north winds enhance the snow bands gathering moisture off the ocean

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I don't know if it's gonna get to us in Eastie. Just in subsidence right now that will probably continue

It'll get you...there's really good F-GEN at 700-500 over E MA right now. That means the forcing is still strong so the bands should continue to generate as they slowly crawl eastward.

Finally for Fella / SR Airglo / SBosWx and others in Boston metro... it's been like watching paint dry for improvement in flake size for past hour but we are finally tasting the edge of the meat... she's fading but there are solid 30+ dbz returns... at the rate it's moving, this looks healthy for next 1-1.5 hours at least

H7 fronto:

H7_fronto_5pm.jpg.3a9d2d1525bb0f35645cdee39d834d07.jpg

There's even good bands regenerating over ORH county right now...that ML forcing dies hard. It's still taking its time leaving as much mentioned above.

There's even good bands regenerating over ORH county right now...that ML forcing dies hard. It's still taking its time leaving as much mentioned above.

Yeah. Still coming down nicely in ASH despite the meat of that band finally moving east. Mid-level magic hangs on for a while. 

It'll get you...there's really good F-GEN at 700-500 over E MA right now. That means the forcing is still strong so the bands should continue to generate as they slowly crawl eastward.

I really hope you're right. You are 95% of the time. I've just had 0 luck my whole life when it comes to banding 

I'm expecting a more NW-SE realignment shortly, which may prolong a pivot under goods for some.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

I'm expecting a more NW-SE realignment shortly, which may prolong a pivot under goods for some.

Stop posting all serious. It's weird.

back from walk with dog - an additional 5-6" in 2.5 hours out on my driveway - in Concord. That would bring me to 14-15" storm total which seems a little low from what others are reporting locally. heavy snow at moment.