Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

15 minutes ago, Frosted flakes said:

Have 11.5 here

Got unlucky this time, I'm at 8".  Just saw spotter in Candia got 21" that's only about 15 mi east of here.

11 minutes ago, BRSno said:

Updated

DYMY2QcX0AA9MJE.thumb.jpg.bea1df80e8e25c6064ab543ec33e35f8.jpg

9” in Canton, that must be on the highest hill on the north side, best we did downtown is maybe 6”

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

heh

346B9632-7265-4AEF-A525-C8BCD423E7AB.jpeg

NH and Maine look like they're getting rocked just as hard as MASS

Finally looks like that band is going to break up somewhat soon. Constant ripping since 11:30...what a fail on the screwgie call. I should just start forecasting George Costanza style - whatever I think is going to happen just forecast the opposite. 

Hardest snow of the day here right now despite the band slipping east. Hurts to miss 2ft by such a short distance, but lots of us were in the same boat today. You win some and you lose some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I just measured 2" in an hour...not quite the 4"/he of this morning, but...

Yeah, that band you got skipped over me, gave you a nice head start. It's been better here overall this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Finally looks like that band is going to break up somewhat soon. Constant ripping since 11:30...what a fail on the screwgie call. I should just start forecasting George Costanza style - whatever I think is going to happen just forecast the opposite. 

Just now, bobbutts said:

Manchester did great.

Looks like it could be a top 10 type storm for ASH-MHT

2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

f minus

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

5.5" - 6" here since midnight.  4.5" or so otg.  Heavy and wet.   32F -SN

A little disappointing relative to forecast but we probably wasted some qpf and never got into better rates despite them being overhead.  

Still looks pretty!  :snowman:

For every 10 storms around here it seems as though 6-7 underperform,  2-3 meet expectations, and 1 suprises and that might be generous.  I can't blame the western mass guys out of Springfield for being so conservative sometimes.  It's usually a zero sum game around here.  Either the CCB banding parks itself right overhead or we get a perfect deform for hours or things just crap out and it's arctic sand and when temps are marginal early and late season there is no margin for error. .  With most of the biggies it seems as though the beginning of the storm usually starts slow and you feel behind the 8 ball trying to catch up. Just about at climo for the year now so I guess I should be grateful for that.  

• Like 1

In 130 Years of my data, only 19 Storms have dropped 20".  

3 20" in March.  

I'm probably right near 20" now with a New band behind the death band.  

I don't know if I've ever been so depressed in my life.  OH that's right..... 2 weeks ago when we lost 3 65 foot Spruce trees that made the property forever.  So #1 and #2 within weeks.  How fun.  I'm ready to drown myself.  

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Hardest snow of the day here right now despite the band slipping east. Hurts to miss 2ft by such a short distance, but lots of us were in the same boat today. You win some and you lose some.

I missed 2ft by like 10 miles, and 17".

Consolation prize, I lost power again.

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

In 130 Years of my data, only 19 Storms have dropped 20".  

3 20" in March.  

I'm probably right near 20" now with a New band behind the death band.  

I don't know if I've ever been so depressed in my life.  OH that's right..... 2 weeks ago when we lost 3 65 foot Spruce trees that made the property forever.  So #1 and #2 within weeks.  How fun.  I'm ready to drown myself.  

I'm taking down 8 trees next week, just to spite you.

Just now, JC-CT said:

I missed 2ft by like 10 miles, and 17".

Consolation prize, I lost power again.

Something like that here. Must be pushing 8” or so. 

Look like we'll have our fun with death band for a hour or two. Nowhere near what ASH-MHT saw but it'll help us catch up some. 

Just now, TheSnowman said:

What The F*** dude.  What's your issue?  If I were President I'd jail people like that.  

Lol. I didn't know you liked worms so much. Hook bait sinker.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

For every 10 storms around here it seems as though 6-7 underperform,  2-3 meet expectations, and 1 suprises and that might be generous.  I can't blame the western mass guys out of Springfield for being so conservative sometimes.  It's usually a zero sum game around here.  Either the CCB banding parks itself right overhead or we get a perfect deform for hours or things just crap out and it's arctic sand and when temps are marginal early and late season there is no margin for error. .  With most of the biggies it seems as though the beginning of the storm usually starts slow and you feel behind the 8 ball trying to catch up. Just about at climo for the year now so I guess I should be grateful for that.  

You nailed it.  Up here SWFE are more reliable.  I too am am just about climo fir the season.  3 NorEasters in 3 weeks but almost no SN+ to show for it.  There is always the next one!