Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
Bostonseminole

March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Recommended Posts

You guys b*tching about over a foot are such phucking babies. Tuck in your labia and accept you can't jack every event. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A top event this is not. Those runs last night were obviously junk.

this whole storm was so banded minus the first few hours. Really the only winners have been in a 20 mile wide band for 4 hours.

Awesome event for those that got in it. Big March snow is always fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're surprised by that Scott ? 

... there is no test for rational minded individuals when joining this confederacy -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I don't know exactly where you are in relation to the label of Dover there, but there is also a tree blocking our radar beam along those radials, so the power returned is showing something less than it should. 

Right in the v of "Dover" label. Figured that might be the case with trees getting in the way.

The difference is about 7-8 dbz off according to GR2A so we've been getting 25 dbz stuff all day long instead of 17-18 dbz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys b*tching about over a foot are such phucking babies. Tuck in your labia and accept you can't jack every event. 

Interior SNE trying to beat J. Spin for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys b*tching about over a foot are such phucking babies. Tuck in your labia and accept you can't jack every event. 

This!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Probably does not include the Worcester area post-deathband

Snowfall_2pm.thumb.jpg.c65b6c089310e93f899fefc423bf462c.jpg

Burlington MA reported that total nearly 2 hours ago.  That map is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Probably does not include the Worcester area post-deathband

Snowfall_2pm.thumb.jpg.c65b6c089310e93f899fefc423bf462c.jpg

Def not.  A spotter I know in Fitchburg had over 10”a couple of hours ago. Leominster near a foot.  Close to 10” here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

Right in the v of "Dover" label. Figured that might be the case with trees getting in the way.

The difference is about 7-8 dbz off according to GR2A so we've been getting 25 dbz stuff all day long.

Even Kevin's screaming sou'easter in October couldn't take 'em all down up on this hill. 

When they built the thing 20 years ago, apparently nobody thought the forest would grow up to block the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys b*tching about over a foot are such phucking babies. Tuck in your :weenie: and accept you can't jack every event. 

Fyp

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like 1-1.5 hours of the death band in RI and random stuff after unless that new Western sliver turns into something.  Think I have 13.5"-14" Total, so 16"-18" maybe final?  God that's right in the zone where I am going to be Half furious and half ok I missed this.  20" I'll lose my ****.  I'm still fuming over missing the Blizzard of 2011 21" in 14 hours.  

 

I didnt miss any 2.5"+ Per Hour stuff I know yet.  Ray had that 5" an hour band though!  

IMG_2332.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WeatherWilly said:

The storm is behaving well as far as rhode island is concerned. I wouldn't call 6 inches in newport a bust- 2-3 more inches and they are in the forecasted range. 

Disagree.  Lots of models had all of eastern rhode island getting hammered.  East PVD at the top of the bay only has 5-6 inches and Narragansett 10 miles to your south really got porked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greg said:

Burlington MA reported that total nearly 2 hours ago.  That map is off.

This is just a map based off the PNS totals. So if the report hasn't been updated by the spotter, it doesn't change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Probably does not include the Worcester area post-deathband

Snowfall_2pm.thumb.jpg.c65b6c089310e93f899fefc423bf462c.jpg

NO way that Norwich CT reading of 9" is correct.  They were in a heavier part of the band for hours and I'm over 13" here to the west of them in Salem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to go vote in local election.  Good excuse for a weenie drive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Are you the official observer for Easton?

I seem to be the only one.

Great storm with major fluff factor. To bad its up to 36 right now with major melting.

How much did Trumbull get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will always be a smattering of people that were unfortunate enough to arrive upon the end of an event with lower snow totals, less wind, and rarely low visibility ...  ready to inform us all that the storm was not a very big one ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Looks like 1-1.5 hours of the death band in RI and random stuff after unless that new Western sliver turns into something.  Think I have 13.5"-14" Total, so 16"-18" maybe final?  God that's right in the zone where I am going to be Half furious and half ok I missed this.  20" I'll lose my ****.  I'm still fuming over missing the Blizzard of 2011 21" in 14 hours.  

 

I didnt miss any 2.5"+ Per Hour stuff I know yet.  Ray had that 5" an hour band though!  

IMG_2332.JPG

Need to rip us off a few notes.....................:cory:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Def not.  A spotter I know in Fitchburg had over 10”a couple of hours ago. Leominster near a foot.  Close to 10” here

those maps are terrible 17 in Norwich and 17 in waterford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×