Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

15 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Getting smoked down here.  Little to show for it with the howling winds   I have no snow on the deck, very little knew snow in the yard and the street it blown clear.  I hope they're getting good measurements away from the water.

There is somebody that is a spotter in North Bath away from the water.

5 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

The band rotating in isn't really becoming impressive at all.

That band forming in eastern Conn up through ORH ( shocker) is incredible. That area is going to clean up.

light snow here. Hard to envision the bigger totals panning out down this way. I know down by the canal wasn’t doing so hot for a while either. 

Still should clear a foot one way or another. Before everyone jumps down my throat, not calling a bust... jus calling it like it is here currently

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Was wondering how it was down there, as its similar but worse here, meh growth and rates. The best western fronto bands pretty far east of here.

3". Sky is actually kind of bright, going to have to make hay on the backside upslope/orographic stuff to get to ALY totals.

You are going to make Hay.

Looks really good for significant west slope upslope all up and down the Greens.  You'll probably do better than up here later tonight and tomorrow morning as you have better low level jet dynamics and perpendicular westerly flow.

2 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Don't worry, be happy. 

At least I fully expected this. All modeling showed the best for me as a front end thump, and that flipped too late. 

Weird storm.  Enjoy your bands.

Screenshot_NormalAppImage(17).png

You called it yesterday, congrats. Did you measure 5, it seems high.  Pics from the 5th ward look under 5.

Lightening up here as that band heads west. Gusts are picking up and temp down to 27.3.

Super light fluffy snow on top of an inch or two of slush. All my measurements were either 10, 11, or 12", so let's say 11" in N RI so far. 

And the power is holding on after being restored at 10 am. It's all fun and games until the power goes out.

2 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Don't worry, be happy. 

At least I fully expected this. All modeling showed the best for me as a front end thump, and that flipped too late. 

Weird storm.  Enjoy your bands.

Screenshot_NormalAppImage(17).png

I don't have any sympathy. I would've jumped for joy to be in your position.

That deathband in E CT is insane!

I must point out ... the models did exceptionally well with the banded nature of these concentric outer reaches of the storm... Really something looking at rad this hour, and just how much it hearkens back to even the ICON for that matter.   They all took turns showing bands of action interspersed by nulls... 

29F   1/4 M vis S+ 5.5"

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

There is somebody that is a spotter in North Bath away from the water.

Great--I'm glad s/he is a spotter.  It's going to be tough to get anything accurate.  I've been in 1/4 visibility for what seems like hours and I have no snow on my car, a road that's mostly snow-free and a deck that doesn't have a flake.