• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

Gotta love that BOX waited, for one reason or another, to add Suffolk to the Blizz warnings, but eventually did, like they usually do when they skip it. Go figure.

Ripping it out there, haven't been out measuring but gotta be 2-3" down so far and coming down nicely!

31F

10 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

I measure 5" on the columns of my porch... sideways.  Can I count it?

That was back breaking shoveling, I'm glad I got the slush out of there.

Yesterday you predicted what would happen to you and you were spot on. I don't even think Jay Leno's caretaker will need to plow his driveway.

MVY had a blizzard warning and they're getting screwed too, as are portions of Connecticut away from the extreme eastern sliver of the state. Jimmy's reporting 5 inches. More than I thought he'd have at this point. 

12 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Long story short: this is working out exactly how we thought 

Pretty much...

This was always a SE threat (primary) but as the past week's worth of dailies and pages of threads and media et al speculated, there was clad conjecture as to whether some of those concerns would get farther west.

It actually appears that both did and did not happen ... The did part is that it snowed in arced bands down to N Jersey... the devil part of that deal is that it did not snow at "threat" proportions.  Which is interesting..  The N-S oriented deform band over the Berks appears to be a bit west, as was the activity around NYC/N Jersey.  But, by and large, these are not headline sensible impact regions.   So yes and no.

3.5" 30F 3/4 M vis S- with some minor blowing

1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

I mean... you're not wrong. 

It's useful for nowcasting in several scenarios, but I'm not sure banding nor'easters are one of them.

That would be my main point, you're obviously not wrong either, lol. Who would I be to say you're wrong?

I kinda compare it to summer convection... Can see the CAPE, severe parameters, and simulated reflectivity.. But it's going to jump around run-to-run.

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

That would be my main point, you're obviously not wrong either, lol. Who would I be to say you're wrong?

I kinda compare it to summer convection... Can see the CAPE, severe parameters, and simulated reflectivity.. But it's going to jump around run-to-run.

All is good. That's a good way to put it.

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

That metro west band dissolved faster than a thunderstorm crossing 495 in the summer.

It always had the look on upper tilts that the SE band was more dominant. Made sense looking at OKX radar too. It was the middle band between the two main areas of 7h fronto.

Very interesting hour ahead as this eastern fronto band decides whether it pivots over BOS or 495. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Western band is sliding east while the eastern stuff is still pushing NW....might see a pretty sick pivot band where the two meet up...or maybe new stuff forms too.

Mar13_930amRadar.gif

Yeah it is interesting....the 2 bands are much closer in SNE and than in CNE/NNE.  Def the radar is worrying me here in terms of subidence near KCON.  We'll see how it develops.