Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

Just now, sbos_wx said:

The band to the SE of the ORH band is the primary one I think. 

If not primary, secondary.  Should erase possible subsidence from ORH band.  Or, maybe when Worcester band begins to move away, the bands merge and we sit under 3" per hour snows all afternoon.  Gonna be a fun one.

Uncle in Keene, NH says theres around 2" so far and that snow has picked up in intensity in the last hour or so.  Weenie band setting up reminds me of the one that ripped through SEPA and CNJ last week. Had thundersnow for 3+ hours... Hope everyone that gets nailed by it enjoys and those not in it, take the road trip if you're close enough because you won't regret it ;)

2.25" in Newport so far.  We've had some great bands pass through, but none of them want to hang around that long. Still, even the stuff in between is accumulating now, and it's a little less wet.

Snow in daylight is the best.  If it keeps up, and there's enough underfoot, I'm keeping up my sacred tradition of cross country skiing to my friend's house with a bottle of macallan.  Who knows if this is it - in all likelihood it is here.  If you are fretting over total snow, and you are out of it, better luck on the next one, if you are fretting on not having more snow, but are in it, get outside.  There's zero snowfall on the computer screen.

Now, to shovel paste.

Strong pressure falls at 44008 (54 se ACK) to 975.7 mb at 1250z ... estimate center 965 mb at 39.5 N 68.8 W, appears to be phasing with upper low.

This will soon overcome the slight warmth left in boundary layer near sea level and become a raging blizzard (where it is not already) in e MA and some parts of RI, e CT. 

Air temp only 34 F out in Mass Bay over 39 F water, likely to stabilize at about 31/31 at KBOS, S to S+ depending on banding location. 

Enjoy. 

2 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

heaviest snow if the storm by far....based on my landmarks, it's under 1/8m....This is how we'll get to 18+ today (if we do)

1 minute ago, rnaude241 said:

Can barely see the neighbors house across the street. Absolutely dumping snow.

Ground truth to radar

BOX_N0Q.20180313_1324.thumb.gif.850ddaf83d970a705a734a62c7e50247.gif