• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

Can't complain over this way... snowed all day yesterday but didn't accumulate on bare pavement until last night, I cleared maybe 4 inches off the driveway this morning and that's not counting what added up on the existing snow from the all day light to occasionally moderate stuff.  Not bad for a storm where the good stuff was way off to the east. 

Last night around midnight it had tapered off here (Freeport) ... now it's snowing again.  Not heavily, but at about the same clip as the early stages yesterday morning.

Hard to guesttimate the snowfall considering the high winds we had for a bunch of it.  Lots of scouring of areas then huge drifts at the edges.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Winter wonderland for the ides of March.   Logan now with 55+ for the season and something looming possible for next week. Had we somehow gotten this NAO a month earlier we’d have partied like it was 2015.

Yeah, I brought that up a couple days ago, Jerry. If you had plunked this stretch down in mid-Feb with climo temps, this would probably be the 2nd 2-3 footer for many of the posters in here and the third foot plus storm in two weeks. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It may not do it justice after settling. Even here at work it settled a bit.

Ray took some live video via FB yesterday and it shows how deep the snow is with his ruler, and it also shows how much is piled up cars etc...it is a great visual reference

1 hour ago, alex said:

Over 36” on the ground. That snowflake thingie is the top of my stake

7D7CB96B-6ABC-4998-B50C-222882AB0FE7.jpeg

Thought you might bury that overly short stake.  :lol:

14.0" with SN- at 7 AM, 37" at my stake (and room for another 2 feet.)  Had 9.0" at 9 last evening, 0.68" LE - that 13:1 seemed a bit high given the wind and small flakes, but the easy snowblowing supported it.  The 5.0" overnight was 15:1 (0.33" LE), but that came with little/no wind.  Trees appear well loaded but not bending much, thanks to the fluff factor.  Some dim sun plus wind today would be a good recipe for snow rollers, but I think both sun and wind will be in short supply.  

With 34" and counting, this is #2 for March in 20 seasons, though 2001's 55.5" is almost certainly safe.  Of those 20 Marches, 6 have had single digit snowfall, 9 in the teens, zero in the 20s, 5 with 30+.  30" is my "standard" for a snowy month during DJFM.

Edit:  Currently moderate snow in Augusta.

50 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

19.5 total for me (including the final burst last night) but I do think me and you shorted ourselves by an inch or 2.

I measured 19" @ 5pm.  My first and only measurement of the day.  No board clearing.

• Thanks 1