Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I did 4"/hr in the first trip through the death band mid AM....5"/hr in the second round from like 4-5pm.

I think we were probably close to 3/ hour as the band moved east after 7:00 also what a storm!

Took a two hour ski tour around the hill during the height of the banding (5:30 - 7:30 ish) and that redeemed a lot of the negatives about this event. Not sure what the final was here since I didn't keep any measurements but likely a respectable amount in the end - 15" ish?

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thanks guys.

Ray, I gotta say, congrats.

You finally got your death band.

I can't lie, I was being a b*tch earlier. So close yet so far from something epic here. I'm happy that you cashed in of all people though. You certainly know the feeling.

30" was a hell of a call too. You were out on the skinniest limb with that one.

The second half was better imo....it was slightly more intense and really slowed at the quintessentially perfect time, as another developed behind it and filled.
Yes that band from 4-8 was awesome. Just dumping snow. Looked so Curried and Ives

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Apparently some mid level magic made its way to north central VT because have about 24".  Pics below.  Excuse the Ginx quality tape measure pic.  It reads 20" when I took it at 7:00.  The deck had been cleared after the last storm as had the other surfaces in the pics, including a large portion of the back yard.  The snow was exceptionally light and airy.  It was easy to wade through.  Still snowing too. 

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Ray, I gotta say, congrats.

You finally got your death band.

I can't lie, I was being a b*tch earlier. So close yet so far from something epic here. I'm happy that you cashed in of all people though. You certainly know the feeling.

30" was a hell of a call too. You were out on the skinniest limb with that one.

What's the city look like I'm gonna be in tomorrow?

18-19" in Concord MA. Definitely will see some localized higher amounts reports. Two measurements - around 2PM and then an hour or so ago. Local school district is making an announcement of either 2 hour delay or no school at 4:30AM. 

7 minutes ago, mostman said:

FYI - Twitter thread with Eric Fisher in it calling out your total. 

If you need backup, say the word  I’ll drive  

Ray is reliable. Anyone here knows it. I am not sure why Coram and Fisher are making an issue of it. Perhaps, had they been watching the radar, they would have a better understanding of how the storm played out.

• Like 3