Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

7 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Raymond-Northwood area is probably our local jack. I'm seeing 27" reports and they still got a band over them.

Yeah they may have gotten the meat of the band a little longer. If I measured incrementally I probably would be an inch or 2 higher

Maybe a Met could explain to me the dynamics out here.

I understand the reasons the valley did poorly even under that great band all day but how come the high elevation spots out here didn't do very well either?  Radar said it was snowing hard for hours but highest total in Franklin Co. was 11" and most 1000' + locales were less than that.

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Yeah they may have gotten the meat of the band a little longer. If I measured incrementally I probably would be an inch or 2 higher

I have measured correctly, and max storm depth has been just under 25" with a 29.5" snowfall...the second half was lake effect like...no water.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have measured correctly, and max storm depth has been just under 25" with a 29.5" snowfall...the second half was lake effect like...no water.

Yeah I'm curious what the LE is in whatever I got. I bet it's not that much more than 1''.

47 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

were the cape power losses more a result of snow, or wind? I saw that Nantucket officially gusted to 70.  I'm always skeptical of those ham radio wind gusts.

This was caused more by super low ratio slush snow....we get nor’easters with winds 65+ with minimal outages. This was more about the heavy weighted snow. 

6 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Lol this weenie band should get us 27-30" local lollis around Raymond-Northwood area. Might make one last run at 2 feet of snow here.

7 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Lol this weenie band should get us 27-30" local lollis around Raymond-Northwood area. Might make one last run at 2 feet of snow here.

Seems about right.  I'm kind of in between and just crushed! Over 24

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Our CON observer was like 9.5" on 0.45" in the 6 hours before 7.

20:1 seems about right in the MLM weenie band. It was definitely lower before that. Goes to show that sfc temps don't dictate ratios...ie it doesn't have to be 15F to get 20:1 snow. We all know that but it might be the only thing I hear non-mets confidently say that drives me absolutely insane. 

8 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Congrats on an incredible week/first season.  You're a NE weeenie for life now

Thanks! Now just wait until I get my first meltdown next year because I know seasons like this doesn't happen every year.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Now do 100” in under 4 weeks.

A college friend went to Boston for 2014-15 year. When I saw him again, I asked him about your legendary month and he commented, "I never want to see another ****ing flake again for the rest of my life." 

I'll never experience something like that, but 40" in 5 mid-March days is good enough :)