Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

2 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

That's some pretty awesome stuff you guys are reporting/photographing.  Half those rates/totals would be a dream storm here in Iowa.  Around here, >foot totals are next to impossible and even ten inch storms are rare.  Four inches counts as a good storm.  OceanStWx used to work here at DVN, so he knows how pathetic this area can be.

That's the benefit of living near and ocean

21 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I'm wondering how some of those really low totals in the valley were measured.  I know they got less snow but I had a wide variety of measurements whether I measured on pavement, cement, grass, car, picnic table, truck bed or on my snowboard.  My "official" spot is my snow board and that's what goes in the record but I also got much lower readings on any of the ground measurements so I'm wondering if some of those measurements reflect measurements on the ground as opposed to a board?

Nice light snow now...hopefully add some more overnight. 

it didn't snow more than flurries most of the day

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Now you tell me, first time I ever had one break so never had to replace one, but now I have nicely sculpted snow banks that rival Kevins.

Well did you ask? We all learn MacGyver lessons. Sh  it I had to MacGyver a softball size hole in my roof during the hurricane March 2nd. Aluminum foil plastic and a rubber placemat with 50 mph winds and branches falling all around me. Power company just reset the neighbors down hill, a tree fell and tripped the breaker at the top of the pole.

30 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Parents and sister say 22"+ in Chelmsford. 

Looks like the big totals cut of sharply W of ORH.  N Quanbin towns have joined the land of commoners the past few seasons 

Can confirm. I’m right on the Chelmsford line and that’s roughly where I ended up. 

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I  made two measurements today on a cleared picnic table to come up with my 6" but only have 4.5" otg.  Anybody measuring on pavement or waiting all day is probably under reporting what they got in the valley. 

I really don't care how either of you spin it...the forecast was horrible and the snow worse...its mid march in the valley and it flurries/scattered snow showers all day on warm ground etc etc

I cleared once...have 4 total and 3.2 otg and it feels cheap reporting 4

it is still half or less of what was forecast for the entire valley

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well did you ask? We all learn MacGyver lessons. Sh  it I had to MacGyver a softball size hole in my roof during the hurricane March 2nd. Aluminum foil plastic and a rubber placemat with 50 mph winds and branches falling all around me. Power company just reset the neighbors down hill, a tree fell and tripped the breaker at the top of the pole.

I just watched a video on replacing the shear pin on my model and the guy used the bolt you just told me to use lol, live and learn. I'll do one tomorrow so I can makes paths for my dog, she was struggling to get around in the snow.

Just now, DavisStraight said:

I just watched a video on replacing the shear pin on my model and the guy used the bolt you just told me to use lol, live and learn. I'll do one tomorrow so I can makes paths for my dog, she was struggling to get around in the snow.

Just be careful not to hit anything, they don't shear and you will tongue the crap out of it. But shear bolts are like 50 cents 

2 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Not using a board here so I suppose official totals would a bit more.  Current depth is 4.2.  .4 new past hour.  I'll go with a 5 spot. Official protocol may have been closer to 6 here with board/clearing etc,. but I'm usually not around during an entire storm.    

Somers and Ellington coming in with around 5" as well.

22 minutes ago, radarman said:

Pretty sure we understand measuring techniques as well as any other part of the state

exactly, we do

it was a horrible bust valley wide and if it makes some weenie feel better to say we had 6 inches when there is 3 otg to cheat his/her way to the very low end of a forecast well then he/she can have at it