• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

I'm envious of those of you with the 20+ totals.

We in Freeport had a late start, nothing showing when I peeked out the window at 7:50 then about 40 minutes later it was going OK.  It's basically been continuous all-day with light to moderate snow in between spurts/bands of heavier stuff, vis about 1/4-1/2 mile when it gets heavier?  There were a couple of memorable moments of a minute or so white-out.

I'm going to guess about 6-8", tops, so far, over the previous stuff that hadn't yet melted.  Snowblower sidewalk cuts are > a foot deep but some of that is the leftovers from last week. The wind has been strong to blast-gusty, 40mph+ IME at times.  Cars in the parking lot facing into the wind are snowless on the front and huge piles on the back windows and rears.

The wind was strong enough to blow enough snow under the overhang that it kept triggering the automatic doors to open.  So much for working from the lobby, I quickly got tired of a freezing blast of air every minute or five.

Hopefully we'll get more in the next few hours ... late to start, late to stop?

4 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

One side of my long driveway is lined with about 20 5' global arborvitaes that are really hanging down.  Will have to go out to brush them off after dinner.  Happens this way in these heavy snowfalls.

There pretty resilient, I have 59 Thulja green giant arborvitaes that are from 12-18' tall and they come back pretty well even after zr

Storm went BOOM in N. Central VT about 4:00 with 2"/hr rates, right at afternoon commute time.  Was living vicariously through my sisters in Southern NE all day but now just have to look out the window.  10" storm total and still ripping.  Look forward to seeing storm totals from Mass tomorrow morning.

11 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

You almost never see 4/hr in a widespread sense. Maybe I could consider it on a county level, but within the whole band, no.

We've had some reports of 8 and 9" in 3 hours so far, but 3.6 in 60 min was the highest report we've received.

Yea well I guess by that if you take 5 hrs and avg 2.4/hr you’re at a foot. Not quite sure why it’s unreasonable given the context. Coastal MA has a lot of catching up to do in term of those euro qpf totals. Just sayin’

We’ll see...

1 minute ago, geo1 said:

It is the heaviest of the day right now and that is saying a lot!

It's not even close, I can't wait to see Ray's last hour measurement, because I'm saying it's at least 3".  The flake size, coupled with the amount, this is stuff that just piles up as you're watching it.  I took the dog out about an hour ago, and then again about 5 minutes ago, and the footprints I made an hour ago (which were on an unshoveled walkway) were basically filled in.  

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea well I guess by that if you take 5 hrs and avg 2.4/hr you’re at a foot. Not quite sure why it’s unreasonable given the context. Coastal MA has a lot of catching up to do in term of those euro qpf totals. Just sayin’

We’ll see...

Well I think there's a very small chance that anyone south of Kittery sees 5 more hours averaging 2.5/hr.