Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

19 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Call me a weenie, if you want but I think BOS will tack on close to a foot from that band. It’s tightening up and will have some epic rates associated with it... perfect timing too in terms of limiting ISR and BL impacts...

So....can I get one of those red meteo tags...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

if you live a mile or less from the ocean in extreme SE CT, along the south coast of RI and MA please report your totals. I'm pretty surprised to hear about totals in south Dartmouth and new Bedford of 10-13 inches and I'm wondering if these totals are actually a couple miles inland with lesser totals along south facing beaches. For example westerly extends several miles inland and I'm wondering what the totals are a mile from the ocean.

Less than a mile from the ocean, 9.5”. 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Thing i like about this band is its not weakening and you can see the radar returns still backing up into bos harbor 

It should still rip in the band. The question is whether you can pull off much more than an hour under it as it starts to pull east.

If you assume 1 to 3/hr, that gives you maybe 2-4, 3-6 in the most optimistic scenario.

52 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Wachusett still getting some heavy snows

Yep it has never really let up here. It is still accumulating to some degree. It is very difficult to say how much we got. 3-4 hours ago I conservatively measured around 15 inches but I think closer to 18+ could be more accurate. We are usually fluffier being almost 1200 ft. The grill in the photo was used this week.

29177668_10156459018405166_8276719669532950528_n.jpg

18 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You can get old ones at the booksmith 

Ha! I'll pick up one of those $5 chocolate bars while I'm at it.

It's definitely dumping right now, though. Can see it piling up on the shed out the back window, and I'd say we've cleared a foot at this point. It looks so pristine out there. Can't stop staring.  

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

It should still rip in the band. The question is whether you can pull off much more than an hour under it as it starts to pull east.

If you assume 1 to 3/hr, that gives you maybe 2-4, 3-6 in the most optimistic scenario.

There’s another band developing in behind it. Also 1-3 is kind of a wide range —no? 40 dbz is 4”+ type calibur given the context I would think...

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

There’s another band developing in behind it. Also 1-3 is kind of a wide range —no? 40 dbz is 4”+ type calibur given the context I would think...

You almost never see 4/hr in a widespread sense. Maybe I could consider it on a county level, but within the whole band, no.

We've had some reports of 8 and 9" in 3 hours so far, but 3.6 in 60 min was the highest report we've received.

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

One side of my long driveway is lined with about 20 5' global arborvitaes that are really hanging down.  Will have to go out to brush them off after dinner.  Happens this way in these heavy snowfalls.

Yeah, I’ve got a few in the backyard, totally bent to the ground. They usually perk back up after knocking off the snow.