Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

4 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Finally for Fella / SR Airglo / SBosWx and others in Boston metro... it's been like watching paint dry for improvement in flake size for past hour but we are finally tasting the edge of the meat... she's fading but there are solid 30+ dbz returns... at the rate it's moving, this looks healthy for next 1-1.5 hours at least

H7 fronto:

H7_fronto_5pm.jpg.3a9d2d1525bb0f35645cdee39d834d07.jpg

Yeah we're doing much better now - not pounding yet but solid improvement in flake size and fluff factor. Heading up to the top of the hill to attempt to build a ski jump shortly since driving to wawa is probably a no go right now.

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I'm expecting a more NW-SE realignment shortly, which may prolong a pivot under goods for some.

Yes...you can see it happening out by ORH now...but that is good for eastern folks to try and kep the party going into after hours

Mar13_530pmRadar.gif

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Did anyone notice the 18z 3km NAM drops another 2' on @powderfreak?

5" today at a steady 0.5-1.0"/hr rate most of the afternoon. 

We'll just tick away for the next 48 hours lol.  Snow rates in the mountains should get up there on the NW flow.  I think the ski resorts end with 24-36".  

It's not death band snow but it is truly "days and days"... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes...you can see it happening out by ORH now...but that is good for eastern folks to try and kep the party going into after hours

Mar13_530pmRadar.gif

Yup -- should be a totals enhancer for Worcester-Providence on northeast -- given how it looks, I'm not even sure my neck of the woods even gets much of a break between.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Mar13_530pmRadar.gif

It looks like that band further west is consolidating with that death band, so there may not be much of a lull between them by the time it gets here.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Mar13_530pmRadar.gif

The leading edge of the megaband hasn't moved its eastward progression for the past 30 min. Think we're gonna be shutout from it?

if you live a mile or less from the ocean in extreme SE CT, along the south coast of RI and MA please report your totals. I'm pretty surprised to hear about totals in south Dartmouth and new Bedford of 10-13 inches and I'm wondering if these totals are actually a couple miles inland with lesser totals along south facing beaches. For example westerly extends several miles inland and I'm wondering what the totals are a mile from the ocean.

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Nice from Box... this is a healthy and slow band, 1-2" / hr incoming for Boston metro folks... this should get everyone into the 15-20" range:

Additional_snow_5pm.thumb.jpg.65a32d728b0a1ed34c97f5417f5304ff.jpg

I think that's too low in the Berkshires west slopes, but I'm sure they really spent a lot of time hashing that out compared to the population centers in E.Ma :lol:.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Nice from Box... this is a healthy and slow band, 1-2" / hr incoming for Boston metro folks... this should get everyone into the 15-20" range:

Additional_snow_5pm.thumb.jpg.65a32d728b0a1ed34c97f5417f5304ff.jpg

If that 6-8" additional in Lawrence is true, we could be making a run at 30" around these parts.