Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

@dryslot it was quite the interesting SOB to track though

Days and days and hours and hours tracking sfc lows and QPF when as usual it comes down to nailing the mid level forcing <24hrs before the event. Hopefully someday we can toss most of those snow maps out the window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Days and days and hours and hours tracking sfc lows and QPF when as usual it comes down to nailing the mid level forcing <24hrs before the event. Hopefully someday we can toss most of those snow maps out the window.

Still, I thought someone like hoth would do better.

That easterly inflow currently happening into the coastline should continue another three more hours as the mega band moves towards the coast from the west it will combine with banding over the Cape and produce 2-4"/hour rates for a few hours as north winds enhance the snow bands gathering moisture off the ocean

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I don't know if it's gonna get to us in Eastie. Just in subsidence right now that will probably continue

It'll get you...there's really good F-GEN at 700-500 over E MA right now. That means the forcing is still strong so the bands should continue to generate as they slowly crawl eastward.

Finally for Fella / SR Airglo / SBosWx and others in Boston metro... it's been like watching paint dry for improvement in flake size for past hour but we are finally tasting the edge of the meat... she's fading but there are solid 30+ dbz returns... at the rate it's moving, this looks healthy for next 1-1.5 hours at least

H7 fronto:

H7_fronto_5pm.jpg.3a9d2d1525bb0f35645cdee39d834d07.jpg

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's even good bands regenerating over ORH county right now...that ML forcing dies hard. It's still taking its time leaving as much mentioned above.

Yeah. Still coming down nicely in ASH despite the meat of that band finally moving east. Mid-level magic hangs on for a while. 

It'll get you...there's really good F-GEN at 700-500 over E MA right now. That means the forcing is still strong so the bands should continue to generate as they slowly crawl eastward.

I really hope you're right. You are 95% of the time. I've just had 0 luck my whole life when it comes to banding 

There's even good bands regenerating over ORH county right now...that ML forcing dies hard. It's still taking its time leaving as much mentioned above.

I'm expecting a more NW-SE realignment shortly, which may prolong a pivot under goods for some.

back from walk with dog - an additional 5-6" in 2.5 hours out on my driveway - in Concord. That would bring me to 14-15" storm total which seems a little low from what others are reporting locally. heavy snow at moment.