Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Snowing pretty good here under that band. What’s your take on the snow tonight Freak was mentioning on the western spine from TOL county up to Hunch?

It wouldn't surprise me if there were an inch or two tonight from that. The ULL goes right over head too which will help with the snow shower activity.

5 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Finally into the good radar returns here.  Was dumping for the weenie drive.  7" so far.

Just noticed right across the river ~5mi away in Pembroke reporting 14".. crazy gradient if we're both accurate

Picking up here too, but probably only 1”/hr rates. I’d like at least an hour of the real deal before it moves out.

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

Surprised your area missed the Band. Did it not snow hard or just not stick?

It snowed pretty hard for about an hour and change, but the core of the really good stuff stayed just west. Then the band sort of rotted and reformed off to my east. If we hadn't just bagged a double digit snow last week I'd be melting hard right now, but as it is, I'm just turning my thoughts to girls in tennis whites and sweating ice-cold juleps on the deck. I'll give this winter a B-. 

Just now, sankaty said:

That band bisecting Middlesex County won't quit.  Still have moderate snowglobe snow.  The fluff from earlier is settling faster than it's accumulating, though.

Same happened here. Once I reached 9.5 it was compacting and melting faster than it was accumulating. It was snowing moderately and I went from 9.5 to 8 in one hour.

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

It snowed pretty hard for about an hour and change, but the core of the really good stuff stayed just west. Then the band sort of rotted and reformed off to my east. If we hadn't just bagged a double digit snow last week I'd be melting hard right now, but as it is, I'm just turning my thoughts to girls in tennis whites and sweating ice-cold juleps on the deck. I'll give this winter a B-. 

You guys will get it the next storm. Deform bands are fickle.

7 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Because they have 5-6”, and I have 9”. Probably wasn’t in the good band this morning as long. I was already at 5-6” by 10 AM.

I'm questioning the validity of the report from TJ delsanto from east providence.  I suspect they have more.  I'm not sure if he personally measured outside the tv station or if a flunkie did in their weather yard.  They're located in an industrial park on the Seekonk line and that area appeared to be close to that heavy band this morning that was hammering Dighton.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jack is gonna be SE ORH county to NW RI I think...ORH up through 495 northeast will be pretty close, but prob a bit less. But we'll see....that 495 band is just absolutely puking flakes and it's moving pretty slow.

Mar13_344pmRadar.gif

Milford had a very high report a while ago...should really add up there

22 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Agree... just probably more out between 128-495

That's were I am and many of the viewers here.  We got the first band that sat for a while and then as that second band weaker but still intact pulls east into the heart of our viewing area, we will see some of those higher amounts.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It wouldn't surprise me if there were an inch or two tonight from that. The ULL goes right over head too which will help with the snow shower activity.

The upper low is going to give you guys some fun for sure. Especially tomorrow. I mean you even have surface based CAPE tomorrow afternoon. Good recipe for squalls with whiteout conditions.

1 minute ago, Semper911 said:

Sorry for stealing people's snow, but I have had mine stolen oh so many times.

Average measurement just now was 16.5, and it is just dumping snow imby.

Winds picking up again, vis: endzone to the 50 yard line.

Genuinely sorry for the snow theft victims.

Next time you need to find a way to get Cory home.  He's flown home in the past for some duds and paid a lot of money to do so.  But he let this one get away.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jack is gonna be SE ORH county to NW RI I think...ORH up through 495 northeast will be pretty close, but prob a bit less. But we'll see....that 495 band is just absolutely puking flakes and it's moving pretty slow.

Mid level magic FTW. 700-500 f-gen seems a good proxy for this band right now, and the RAP is only slow to pull that east over the next several hours.