Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

It actually takes a crap load of work to weed out the bad reports and reports that make the map look stupid. So resources are better used updating the forecast, briefings, and taking in reports. 

It's a treat that BOX even puts the effort in mid storm.

Yeah.  I am actually they do one during an event, unless it is really winding down.

They had my report from this morning in an earlier map.

Just went out and shovelled the driveway, stuck ruler in several spots shielded from wind and found consistent 8.5-9". Moderate heavy snow falling. Would be nice to get to 18" - that's my criteria for a memorable storm! Snow is relatively light. There is a good inch of melt slush at bottom of pack. Local weather station reading 28 with max gust of 28 out of north...I'd say a pretty consistent 10-15 mph out of north.

18z RAP run gave Boston area another 4-6"... that band, though less robust, looks decent and will deliver. Intensity and flakes already improving. 

When all is said and done Boston area will probably end up 11-15"...  nothing to complain about... is great by Sunday's expectations, and only by yesterday's 20"+ runs does it seem like a bust

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hailstoned said:

Got the suck-model, come-on blues. NAM, HRR, all the rest, dressed up like tarts in Canal Street display windows-- all for 2 inches of cheap thrills....

Suckered. Never again...

I''ll buy an iPhone for 50 bucks on canal street thinking its gonna work before I'll believe those vendor maps again.

26 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

Disagree.  Lots of models had all of eastern rhode island getting hammered.  East PVD at the top of the bay only has 5-6 inches and Narragansett 10 miles to your south really got porked.

I’m at 9” in Bristol. Unusually, we were in a good band for a while. Picking up again too. Confident we can get close to a foot here.