Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I don't know exactly where you are in relation to the label of Dover there, but there is also a tree blocking our radar beam along those radials, so the power returned is showing something less than it should. 

Right in the v of "Dover" label. Figured that might be the case with trees getting in the way.

The difference is about 7-8 dbz off according to GR2A so we've been getting 25 dbz stuff all day long instead of 17-18 dbz.

1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

Right in the v of "Dover" label. Figured that might be the case with trees getting in the way.

The difference is about 7-8 dbz off according to GR2A so we've been getting 25 dbz stuff all day long.

Even Kevin's screaming sou'easter in October couldn't take 'em all down up on this hill. 

When they built the thing 20 years ago, apparently nobody thought the forest would grow up to block the radar.

Looks like 1-1.5 hours of the death band in RI and random stuff after unless that new Western sliver turns into something.  Think I have 13.5"-14" Total, so 16"-18" maybe final?  God that's right in the zone where I am going to be Half furious and half ok I missed this.  20" I'll lose my ****.  I'm still fuming over missing the Blizzard of 2011 21" in 14 hours.  

I didnt miss any 2.5"+ Per Hour stuff I know yet.  Ray had that 5" an hour band though!  

IMG_2332.JPG

1 minute ago, WeatherWilly said:

The storm is behaving well as far as rhode island is concerned. I wouldn't call 6 inches in newport a bust- 2-3 more inches and they are in the forecasted range. 

Disagree.  Lots of models had all of eastern rhode island getting hammered.  East PVD at the top of the bay only has 5-6 inches and Narragansett 10 miles to your south really got porked.

2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Looks like 1-1.5 hours of the death band in RI and random stuff after unless that new Western sliver turns into something.  Think I have 13.5"-14" Total, so 16"-18" maybe final?  God that's right in the zone where I am going to be Half furious and half ok I missed this.  20" I'll lose my ****.  I'm still fuming over missing the Blizzard of 2011 21" in 14 hours.  

I didnt miss any 2.5"+ Per Hour stuff I know yet.  Ray had that 5" an hour band though!  

IMG_2332.JPG

Need to rip us off a few notes.....................:cory: