Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Back to -SN now. Cheering on subsidence from this point on now.

2.5"  never got below 1 mile vis today.  Mostly very small flakage.  Finally in past 15 minutes a few bonafide medium flakes mixed in. Sky very bright.  Peak wind gust 14mph.  Town plow still has not bothered to go by.  Kids could easily had school. Total disasta...unless something backs in from the east.  

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

Jesus H I cannot describe the perfection of these flakes and how hard it has been consistently snowing. I'm going full weenie. 

It's drifting over me now. Rate increased to 2"/hr.

We're about to pass 10". My goodness.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Forgive the newbie question and mostly I just lurk here, but hoping a met can answer... what's rain?

When the precipitation lets up down there, the mix gets in because there are less intense echoes to help bring the colder air down to the surface.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hambone said:

2 miles west of MIlford.. Lots of large branches down.  Hard to measure depth because of the drifting.  I don't think we're anywhere near 20". That Milford reading is suspect.

Maybe a drift or elevated area there.  Who knows.

Snowing lightly now that I'm in between the 2 heavy CT bands.  Just took 3 measurements.  12.5", 13.5" and 15" on flat areas of the driveway away from the house.  So I'll call it 13.75" so far.  Might be able to squeak out another inch if that west most band moves overhead before the end.