Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There’s a high density of flakes out there which is keeping the vis way down despite the meh growth. I’m only pulling 9-10:1 ratios up here, but it adds up. When you get that extra lift in the banding the deposition goes off the charts in the DGZ and you start turning a similar amount of liquid into triple the snow rates.

Is the low fully captured?   might we not get another push west if that happens?  It is so close..we just have to get the goodies to I93 on radar and the wind will blow it to us.

6 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I'm supposedly under darker returns on radar now,  snow growth has improved and I've gone from flurries to light snow lol.  Was out earlier so not sure what my peak depth might have been but I'm about 3-3.5 on the grass  right now.  

My son said it's snowing hard where he lives, just west of Route 5 in Enfield.

Just now, Greg said:

Careful what you say that band is moving east.

It's already been stationary over central areas for almost 2 hours now...so even if it moves east, it definitely pivoted there. Eastern areas will get back in on the good banding though for sure. They already had a mini pivot earlier mid-morning from that really nasty band before it dissipated.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Just finished cleanup number 3 stuck the yardstick in the Snow and it didn't move, bottom 4 inches were cement. I got up at 530 and cleaned all the slop off.

20180313_131614.jpg

is your yardstick covered in dog poo? Can't see a thing on it

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like the lower half of the band down in far SE CT is starting to lose longitude....I think the max westward pivot has occurred in ORH and Windham counties...still looks like its trying to push a bit further west up in NH.

Mar13_130pmRadar.gif

That looks perfect for Ginxy... stoked for him.

As usual ORH is just far enough in the right direction to get the pivot point, lol.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

is your yardstick covered in dog poo? Can't see a thing on it

Why would it be covered in dog poo. The numbers are just about warn off, 18 yr old yardstick. I have one down by the snowboard that's new. That's the one I keep in the shed for average measurements. Snowboard total is 14  Areas with 17 /18 where snow blowing off trees and man is it blowing. Total whiteout at times.It started dumping again too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Why would it be covered in dog poo. The numbers are just about warn off, 18 yr old yardstick. I have one down by the snowboard that's new. That's the one I keep in the shed for average measurements. Snowboard total is 14  Areas with 17 /18 where snow blowing off trees and man is it blowing. Total whiteout at times.It started dumping again too

#winner not hard to see, you have another 4 hours of it

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's already been stationary over central areas for almost 2 hours now...so even if it moves east, it definitely pivoted there. Eastern areas will get back in on the good banding though for sure. They already had a mini pivot earlier mid-morning from that really nasty band before it dissipated.

Maybe the back end will make up for the early and peak disappointments

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Lighter snow now. Hopefully that stuff crushing central MA doesn't weaken much as it heads east. The NAM fronto plots did very well.

Creepily well. Those x-sections on TT are pretty sweet too. Maybe we can get one more biggie before Sping to really try them out.

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

@Damage In Tolland lol somehow the bands completely reoriented themselves to screw both of us continuously

When the ORH/Windham county band started pivoting, that screwed you and Kevin's hood....just choking on the exhaust. You may finally get some goodies for a few hours when that collapses....the whole thing is slow to leave, so you could get a few hours of decent rates.