Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Last measurement was 11:35. Had 6.1” 

I’ll measure again at lunch here shortly .

It snows well into the night so should keep piling up every few hours. Unless that death band to the west parks for a bit 

flurries

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looked like james was close to changing to rain earlier per his photos

He will be lucky to see 15-18"

Jimmy may get a few inches on the back side of his fanny but I don't think he's gonna crack double digits.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Steady light snow . It is what it is. I expected 12-16”. Probably won’t get there . Oh well

The simulated rad products do show sort of rare west flow upslope in your area up through the western side of the ORH hills.  Obviously the best and heaviest stuff tonight into tomorrow morning will be west slopes of Litchfield county north through the Berks and Greens, but interesting to see the radar projections keeping snow going western side in your area north to Hubby.  Don't see that too often.

12 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

1pm.  Very light snow and snow grains.  Snow started at 8am and after 5 hours  2".  Intense band to my east wants to come west but falls apart.  Big bust incoming?  Starting to look like that.

My aunt and uncle's house has some elevation in the Keene area(Swanzey) and they too look like they are going to severely underperform on this one. As of 1 PM he said they have light snow with 2.5" on the day on grassy surfaces but on everything else it's basically white rain and has been since 8 or 9 this morning. They were forecasted 12-18". Radar doesn't look promising either for them to even come close to that. They are stuck in that screw zone sandwiched in between that band in VT that looks upslope enhanced and the death band in the SE part of NH through MA that doesn't look to get west enough to hit them. It actually looks like they'll be lucky to see 6"... This same thing happened back in the mid-late 2000's(I want to say 2005 or 2006) when I was up there for an event. I'll have to remember the exact date but it had to be a late December storm because I was up there for Christmas. Forecast was 14-18" with the possibility of 2ft but the same banding structure as pretty much today evolved and we got I think 7 or 8 inches on like 20 hours of light snow. Since it is mid march this time though, light snow won't really accumulate much during the day even if it is below freezing.

2 minutes ago, drstuess said:

Just slant sticked my way to 2.5 inches of cake batter in the front yard in Narragansett. Long way to go to reel in the 10-18 forecasted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

epic screw zone for you and the southern half of Newport.  Block island is reporting 7.5 inches and telephone poles down.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You are ground zero up here right now. When did you move from Auburn?

Moved May 2016.  Couldn't help noticing the Auburn wall of defeat in action on radar this morning - there was a continuous hole centered on them for about 2 hours, while things were ramping up here.  I don't miss that a bit.  Better convective stuff here in the summer too...  But it's wild outside right now - the treeline 60 yards away getting obscured and disappears in any gusts.  Interesting to see where this thing pivots later...

Looks like the lower half of the band down in far SE CT is starting to lose longitude....I think the max westward pivot has occurred in ORH and Windham counties...still looks like its trying to push a bit further west up in NH.

Mar13_130pmRadar.gif

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The simulated rad products do show sort of rare west flow upslope in your area up through the western side of the ORH hills.  Obviously the best and heaviest stuff tonight into tomorrow morning will be west slopes of Litchfield county north through the Berks and Greens, but interesting to see the radar projections keeping snow going western side in your area north to Hubby.  Don't see that too often.

Yeah I saw that on BTV - WRF and Swiss model showed it. I’m not planning on a ton from it, but another 1-3 overnight wouldn’t shock me