Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Chatham, MA Municipal Airport's last observation had only .62" of QPF measured so far, that means if models were right, we have another 1.9" of liquid precipitation to go in this storm

You’re up to 1.13” now and there may be some undercatch from the strong winds too.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

So question for the group...any ideas why BOX hasn't extended the Blizzard Warning further west into RI?  Providence and Newport are certainly meeting the criteria.  I know it's for 3 consecutive hours, but conditions appear to be only worsening through midday.

With regard to public perception and their associated adjustments in response and precaution, I wonder deeply if it matters what exact zones are covered by a blizzard warning.

In my view, once somebody has a blizzard warning associated with a given storm, anyone impacted by that storm seems to think they are being hit by "a blizzard" regardless of whether or not they appreciate or verify the criteria for actual blizzard conditions.

In that regard, it's all a bit mush, is it not?

Come, and sit on my lap, and we shall discuss this further, unless you prefer a more carnal exchange of ideas.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

So question for the group...any ideas why BOX hasn't extended the Blizzard Warning further west into RI?  Providence and Newport are certainly meeting the criteria.  I know it's for 3 consecutive hours, but conditions appear to be only worsening through midday.

No idea. BOX still claims we didn't have blizzard criteria in the January storm. Which was a pile of horse manure.

3 minutes ago, summerthyme said:

Really not doing that much here in Brookline. Salivating at that band in Metrowest right now. 

Yeah still pretty meh here on Mission Hill - had a quick period of good stuff but now the goods are to our west as opposed to our east.

10 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

It's been like 200 yard visibilty for about 2 hours now. Just blasting. Impossible to say how much on the ground, but Brett just said about 7"....it's all of that. If it stays like this for another hour we'll be close to 10 here

200 yards? Are you sure it's that much? 2 football fields? My vis is like from the endzone to the 30yd line. 100 feet and then a wall of white.

54 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

White sandstorm here since the death band is about 20-25 miles east of where it was last time. Probably about 3-4" of new.

Was wondering how it was down there, as its similar but worse here, meh growth and rates. The best western fronto bands pretty far east of here.

3". Sky is actually kind of bright, going to have to make hay on the backside upslope/orographic stuff to get to ALY totals.