• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

There are three observations of 8+ inches of snow already. North Dighton, MA (8.2/9:38am), Acushnet, MA (8.0/9:45am), and Burrillville, RI (8.0/9:12am). It seems like most of interior SE MA and RI have snowfall accumulations between 4-8 inches atm.

1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

HRRR is a nowcasting model. 

I have no faith in any of the meso models to decide banding during or just before a storm. Good for a general idea. Really that's all. This storm has always been about where the bands decide to park their ass. I think one would get a much better idea from looking at radar than the HRRR at this point.

2 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

About the only thing it's good for

Sort of a misconception. 

We frequently harp on only using it to see a general trend over several runs instead of individually. That would make its' value as a nowcasting model nearly zero.

Yes, fair to look at. I just think there's a lot more value in nowcasting more traditionally right now. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Animate OKX radar . West is moving east and east one moving west. Pivot point 

I know. But that’s the 2nd band moving west out of RI. The first one dissipated. There’s no major band behind that 2nd one so it should stay together and make a better westward push.

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

I have no faith in any of the meso models to decide banding during or just before a storm. Good for a general idea. Really that's all. This storm has always been about where the bands decide to park their ass. I think one would get a much better idea from looking at radar than the HRRR at this point.

I mean... you're not wrong. 

It's useful for nowcasting in several scenarios, but I'm not sure banding nor'easters are one of them.