Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

38 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

I'll reserve judgment for the next few hours for our southernmost weenies who always get screwed.  See how this shakes out. I'm sure rex tillerson is really melting down about now.

Oh boy. You must be that 25th amendment guy judging by your silly political references. Thought you disappeared. Please for the love of god keep your political bs out of this thread for the day

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

KPYM 131335Z AUTO 01032G46KT M1/4SM FG VV004 01/00 A2938 RMK AO2 PK WND 01046/1332 SNEMMB25SNEMM TSB03E18 P0002 I1003 T00110000 PWINO FZRANO $

Impressive PYM ob...if you aren't familiar with them, the airport is actually kind of depressed in a bad wind spot, so G46 there is solid. Also like the M1/4 vis.

Not to mention the TS in there.

Yeah ...most of these radar loops really want to suggest the low center is ~ 90 mi S of BID ...which is definitely west of modeling, certainly at the very western edge of consensus envelope if that's verified.

I think these 6 to 9 hours are critical to the total evolution of this thing.  If we get the center jump east out to a new low near the triple point axis of the lengthening occluded boundary then the previous head scratch solutions have merit.  If however, this western low center - which frankly is already a slight bust in my opinion - remains more dominant, than the phasing evolution (which has only been non-committal and partial to date) may also be a more fluid determination.

All that said ... doesn't really matter. I have personally been obsessing over the fact that the governing synoptic evolution so favored phasing...yet failing, that the reality of this storm ginormous girth and mid level mechanics bowing so far back W was getting less attention; but is probably the same damn thing sensibly to a small storm making a closer pass.  So what difference does it really make?  not a lot.. .I guess for things to "make sense" ...it would be more settling to see this western solution work out... but, seeing as it has already to this point at least a little, may also be an acceptable compromise.

So...some philosophy to go with some obs.  30F ; 3" 1/3 mi vis S

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...most of these radar loops really want to suggest the low center is ~ 90 mi S of BID ...which is definitely west of modeling, certainly at the very western edge of consensus envelope if that's verified.

I think these 6 to 9 hours are critical to the total evolution of this thing.  If we get the center jump east out to a new low near the triple point axis of the lengthening occluded boundary then the previous head scratch solutions have merit.  If however, this western low center - which frankly is already a slight bust in my opinion - remains more dominant, than the phasing evolution (which has only been non-committal and partial to date) may also be a more fluid determination.

All that said ... doesn't really matter. I have personally been obsessing over the fact that the governing synoptic evolution so favored phasing...yet failing, that the reality of this storm ginormous girth and mid level mechanics bowing so far back W is probably the same damn thing sensibly to a small storm making a closer pass.  So what difference does it really make?  not a lot.. .I guess for things to "make sense" ...it would be more settling to see this western solution work out... but, seeing as it has already to this point at least a little, may also be an acceptable compromise.

So...some philosophy to go with some obs.  30F ; 3" 1/3 mi vis S

i enjoyed this post, thanks Tip

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Look at those echoes just redevelop over the Cape. That is an epic CCB. Gonna crush SE MA.

Yep...clear jack is gonna be interior SE MA...even a little off the water down near PYM is gonna be included. Like Carver up to Bridgewater. Crushed.

There will be some secondary higher ratio fluff jacks to the west, but the real crushing snow is going to be roughly BOS-PVD and southeast I think.

That band stretching from Lindenhurst Long Island to southeastern Litchfield County, CT looks legitimate. The band stretching from eastern Long Island into southeastern CT has also gained traction and is moving westward at a quicker pace. Gonna be interesting to see where they set up shop for awhile. Meanwhile, to the east of all this looks like complete domination. Unreal snowbands pivoting off the Atlantic.