Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

47 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

rookies in here calling bust.. let's see where the band sets up

If you live in New Bedford or Hyannis, this is going to go down as a huge bust if you paid attention to ANY of the forecasts last night. EVERY forecast, every tv outlet, every website is going to bust. If you live in Cape Cod, MA and you were reading this site last night and saw a forecast of 40 inches, it's safe to say it's a bust.  This is a lesson for all professional forecasters who forecast for extreme southeast New England: be judicious when forecasting big snow amounts in March in these areas with marginal temps. Of course these areas have smaller populations relative to the urban centers farther north and west in southern new England, but still.....if you're a little weenie in Hyannis right now you're hurtin big time. My advice, check out some real Busts!! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

I dunno man. 7-10 split as I see it. We were due, at least the haters suffer also?

The valley to the west was suckered earlier . I’m glad to see they are filling in now. The big band to the east is just entering Tolland county now and if you believe models , sits over us all day into evening 

2 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

If you live in New Bedford or Hyannis, this is going to go down as a huge bust if you paid attention to ANY of the forecasts last night. EVERY forecast, every tv outlet, every website is going to bust. If you live in Cape Cod, MA and you were reading this site last night and saw a forecast of 40 inches, it's safe to say it's a bust.  This is a lesson for all professional forecasters who forecast for extreme southeast New England: be judicious when forecasting big snow amounts in March in these areas with marginal temps. Of course these areas have smaller populations relative to the urban centers farther north and west in southern new England, but still.....if you're a little weenie in Hyannis right now you're hurtin big time. My advice, check out some real Busts!! 

Lol....

3 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

what tv outlet called for 40"

6 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

That first mega band seems to be on the move.  Shift NW pretty quickly.  Actually kinda not really a band anymore.  Just filled in and moving NW.

First inch of snow was pretty heavy here.  Winds are gusting good too.  Stronger than I thought.

Chris, You still sticking with ur 10-15" for ASH, or back peddling?

5 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

we get it. stop posting the same crap over and over and over

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Based on radar you’d think wct was ripping but snow growth is very weak here.

I think the biggest problem is getting it to accumulate. Hours and hours of snow and wet roads and frosted tips of grass are all we have to show for it. Upton says take 'em down, only has 1-3 here now with any meaningful snow moving out by late morning/midday.