Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

32 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Stuff has some meat to it.  Beautiful band setting up shop.  You can see the ML band out west as well.  Watch out in between for the subsidence.

CODNEXLAB-2km-NY-rad-ani24-201803131105-100-100-raw.gif.505de24bbf35dce3fa630b98c206b102.gif

Nice to see that narrow weenie band on the Pit.  Hopefully the heavy stuff from Scooter through RI can inch back to Gynx and Kevin.  Looks like Pawcatuc through SRI is taking it on the chin.

27.4* at the Pit--should be dry there.

14 minutes ago, tunafish said:

32/31, overcast.

Go big or go home...

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

I can live with that.  The probabiliies table looks to have me maxing out between 21-25".

Looks like the flakes should be starting here in an hour or so.  Winds cranking.  I'm expecting very little snow to measure here.  This will be blown up the road.

I'm on the water so it's always "wetter" here but, even so, this isn't anywhere near "light, fluffy" stuff. Nor is it hammering too hard yet. Maybe a couple of inches but man, it is wet and heavy. Hard to envision ultimate accumulations at least around here being anywhere near 12-18 with it being this dense and wet. 

20 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

The heaviest bands appear to be parking itself just north of you in north Kingstown. Narragansett so far has double the amount of snow than Newport, only 5 miles to your east across the bay.

Yeah I saw that on Wunderground. So close. We had a nice burst down here earlier, but it didn’t pile up on wet, warm ground. 

Just now, Snugharbor said:

I'm on the water so it's always "wetter" here but, even so, this isn't anywhere near "light, fluffy" stuff. Nor is it hammering too hard yet. Maybe a couple of inches but man, it is wet and heavy. Hard to envision ultimate accumulations at least around here being anywhere near 12-18 with it being this dense and wet. 

Been thinking the same thing. I’m expecting the lower end of forecasted snow totals because growth is really struggling. 

5 minutes ago, summerthyme said:

Bustier than an Orange County housewife, you'd say?

Maybe not Taunton, which sits in a heavily wooded area right smack in the middle of interior SE MA, but some southern coastal areas will bust worse than the poor technician who has to perform a mammogram on stormy daniels.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Coastal areas will have a bit less which is why I think some of those areas are more 10-18". It's why as of now, I'm not going for uber totals. I mentioned it yesterday. But interior SE MA may put up hefty amounts.

No 40-60”?