Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Bostonseminole

12 minutes ago, GansettBay said:

Looks like 3”+ on cars, but a wet 1.5-2” on sidewalks from window observations. Currently 33F and a high of 34 today. I’d imagine that’s not going to help the poor accumulation rates. Vis under 1/2 mile. So far not the most impressive this season by a long shot. Still thoroughly enjoying it though. 

The heaviest bands appear to be parking itself just north of you in north Kingstown. Narragansett so far has double the amount of snow than Newport, only 5 miles to your east across the bay.

Will be interesting to see where the western band sets up.  Right now as the snow pushes in from the se, the band seems to enhance and not erode just to the nw of MHT.  Looks like the subsidence now is just se of CON.  That will certainly change as the day goes on.  The western band over eny wma and svt looks good and steady and is bending towards sw nh.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Will be interesting to see where the western band sets up.  Right now as the snow pushes in from the se, the band seems to enhance and not erode just to the nw of MHT.  Looks like the subsidence now is just se of CON.  That will certainly change as the day goes on.  The western band over eny wma and svt looks good and steady and is bending towards sw nh.

Models have that western band being our main show I believe. Dare I say, something like the ICON shows.

Just now, dendrite said:

Models have that western band being our main show I believe. Dare I say, something like the ICON shows.

I didn't see the ICON but it is interesting to see the band not eroding, but holding steady and starting to enhance just nw of MHT up through Merrimack county.  If that becomes the band, it will be big.  But, as the storm strengthens I hope that doesn't push too much further nw.  Really starting to snow hard here.  Legit moderate borderline heavy with visibility maybe below a half mile.

Just now, dendrite said: