• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

From my view we are seeing the compromise from yesterday’s euro south and gfs north camps. 18z sorta shows that. I said in my other forum that my guess was tonight’s runs show some nice solutions that will make weenies tingle. Starting to hone in on the potential that the pattern shows. Looking forward to the overnights. Gut says some will have hangovers from more than green beer. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

18z gefs is yelling at us to put away the razor blades and flush the pills. 

Don't look now but there are also a lot of Day 7-12 hits, some big ones lol. EPS showed hints too. This probably isn't our last track. Not sure if that's good or bad but this blocking regime isn't letting Winter go down easy. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Don't look now but there are also a lot of Day 7-12 hits, some big ones lol. EPS showed hints too. This probably isn't our last track. Not sure if that's good or bad but this blocking regime isn't letting Winter go down easy. 

Can't imagine how amazing this would feel if met winter was a good one. We'd be just adding on the stats for this year.

If anything, this extended tracking period (basically mid November to Late March) will make the offseason easier. Probably even more sucky to have a winter that has a tracking period only from like Late December to early February. 

37 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I like seeing this northwest cluster on the Eps for round 2 . The bomb scenerio is still alive .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The EPS members that hit with wave 2 are pretty much a continuous event. There's a lull of sorts but they all have a long drawn out progression. Here's one of the sweet ones for #2

CLKbHnf.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The EPS members that hit with wave 2 are pretty much a continuous event. There's a lull of sorts but they all have a long drawn out progression. Here's one of the sweet ones for #2

What does it take to achieve that?  Slower lead wave?...Stronger?

ETA: lol March

gefs_snow_mean_washdc_65.thumb.png.e9f8f30c871c8a54576e0d1ad1f6a4d4.png 

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The March 1958 blizzard  was just Incredible . I just might sell my prized Buick GN to experience 4.00 inches of QPF in the form of snow ( 2 days of  parachutes falling :lmao:)

From Maryland Winters Site: 

March 19-21, 1958: A slow moving nor'easter struck rather late in the season in 1958 causing huge amounts of property damage. Over a foot of heavy wet snow took a heavy toll on trees, shrubs, television antennas, power and communication lines. Carroll, Baltimore and Harford Counties was hardest hit. In Baltimore City, the storm began as rain during the day of the 19th but changed to heavy wet snow for the slushy commute home. It also changed to snow quickly to the northwest as the ground gained in elevation and the temperature fall. The Mount Washington section of Baltimore received 24 to 30 inches of snow. This section is just a 100 feet higher than the rest of the city. On Parr Ridge in Mount Airy, Carroll County, a weather reporter measued 33 inches of snow from the storm (4.03 inches liquid equivalent). Other reports included 29 inches at Parkton, 24.5 inches at Bentley Springs, 23 inches at Conowingo Dam and in Delaware, 27 inches at Middletown. For Westminister, 30 inches from this storm combined with two snows earlier in the month for a March snow total of 42 inches! Hagerstown saw 16 inches with areas to the west receiving considerably less. The Lower Eastern Shore saw 3 inches with areas to the north like Denton receiveing 13 inches. 

image.png

just make sure you have a backup generator.

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The March 1958 blizzard  was just Incredible . I just might sell my prized Buick GN to experience 4.00 inches of QPF in the form of snow ( 2 days of  parachutes falling :lmao:)

From Maryland Winters Site: 

March 19-21, 1958: A slow moving nor'easter struck rather late in the season in 1958 causing huge amounts of property damage. Over a foot of heavy wet snow took a heavy toll on trees, shrubs, television antennas, power and communication lines. Carroll, Baltimore and Harford Counties was hardest hit. In Baltimore City, the storm began as rain during the day of the 19th but changed to heavy wet snow for the slushy commute home. It also changed to snow quickly to the northwest as the ground gained in elevation and the temperature fall. The Mount Washington section of Baltimore received 24 to 30 inches of snow. This section is just a 100 feet higher than the rest of the city. On Parr Ridge in Mount Airy, Carroll County, a weather reporter measued 33 inches of snow from the storm (4.03 inches liquid equivalent). Other reports included 29 inches at Parkton, 24.5 inches at Bentley Springs, 23 inches at Conowingo Dam and in Delaware, 27 inches at Middletown. For Westminister, 30 inches from this storm combined with two snows earlier in the month for a March snow total of 42 inches! Hagerstown saw 16 inches with areas to the west receiving considerably less. The Lower Eastern Shore saw 3 inches with areas to the north like Denton receiveing 13 inches. 

image.png

Can't imagine if that happened in modern times with a forum like this. I'd imagine we'd be like pigs in slop, with at least 5 separate OBS threads. 

14 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

What does it take to achieve that?  Slower lead wave?...Stronger?

The second wave forms a coastal to the south in NC while the first wave tracks NE. Pretty much a 1-2 punch. A lot of EPS members have a 1-2 punch now but many of them are light QPF with wave 1 or 2 so it won't work as a double hit However, the ones that do hit right have some impressive QPF. This meteo shows it much better than snow maps. Focus on the 1"+ qpf members that stretch it out over 3 days. No too shabby. Much more interesting for #2 now even though it's still a minority. 

w0EcSdY.jpg 

3 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

Given the positive overall trends, Storm mode thread should be activated soon. Depends if the trends keep going more and more positive, we'll wait and see.

No way sir.  This is far from settled and the rug can still be pulled.  Ensemble runs look good but the op runs have a lot of weight 72 hours out and they don’t look amazing at this point.  I vote we wait until Sunday night.  That said I have no real say in this  so whatever Randy says. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The second wave forms a coastal to the south in NC while the first wave tracks NE. Pretty much a 1-2 punch. A lot of EPS members have a 1-2 punch now but many of them are light QPF with wave 1 or 2 so it won't work as a double hit However, the ones that do hit right have some impressive QPF. This meteo shows it much better than snow maps. Focus on the 1"+ qpf members that stretch it out over 3 days. No too shabby. Much more interesting for #2 now even though it's still a minority. 

w0EcSdY.jpg 

yea i like seeing the step up in precip over the course of 2 days.  it tells me that wave 2 is in play.  still need some better trends tonight/tomorrow with that one.

Archived