• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

running the 500 loop is interesting.  almost looks like the west coast wave just sort of unravels as it moves east, splitting up into several vorts.  it shows up on previous runs later, but how those vorts interact down the line seems to be the key, and it just doesn't seem like the models know yet.

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

running the 500 loop is interesting.  almost looks like the west coast wave just sort of unravels as it moves east, splitting up into several vorts.  it shows up on previous runs later, but how those vorts interact down the line seems to be the key, and it just doesn't seem like the models know yet.

Yep. When in doubt, remember we don't do complicated well around these parts :). Gotta hope the euro stays the course or we might be looking at a northern/elevation front end thump and weaker trailing storm. 

the 1st wave looks pretty interesting to my eyes...it's a piece of that initial low entering the west coast now.  it stays hot as it cross the region and is a little further south than last run.

it's warm for now, but certainly the northern tier does well verbatim:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2018031700&fh=84

Just now, mdhokie said:

Much simpler setup. Its not a HECS but I'd lock it up in a heartbeat. Surface temps kinda suck but we can worry about that later!

it really is. high to the north. nice vort pass (could be a little further south), but otherwise that's an interesting trend.

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So...are we gonna have to root for wave 1 now? Lol Hopefully wave 2 has a better showing tomorrow...

Just root for ops to hone in on a solution that includes snow AND less than 72 hours. Prob 48 with this upper level setup. People can hand wring all night about this and that but I won't be one of them. 

10 minutes ago, Ji said:
12 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:
CMC is better on the front end, colder, strung out on wave two. Puts a good stripe of snow north and west of the cities. 

Meh. Its crap. Not interested in anything but a hecs

Glad I wasted my time posting then. 

9 minutes ago, motsco said:

1 to 3” event.  - a inch each way. so 0 to 2 - heating = it’s over.  

So when it showed 12-18 did you say it would be 6-9???? Lol. Point is it’s one run. Many good snowfalls have heppened in March. “It’s over” is just as wrongfully dogmatic after this run of one model as “HECS-book it”

3 hours ago, stormy said:

Cobalt: If you were not trolling, my apologies. But you admit to being "snarky" which has no place on this board. If you and your young friends feel a need to vent frustrations in your life, I would advise searching for another venue. passions already run high on this forum without snarkiness.

Stormy, you suck a lot.  Please stop posting.  You make this thread worse, and by a lot.

Archived