• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

since losing the 2nd wave coastal idea friday, it's definitely made some ticks west since about 6z saturday.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2018031706&fh=108

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2018031812&fh=78

it's not quite there yet, but the trend is, so we just gotta hope it continues.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

Not looking at the run, what is the onset time?

Overnight tomorrow night. It isnt heavy according to the GFS. And the Kuchera map is probably the most realistic with around 4 or 5 inches out this way. Temps are good while the snow falls. But we are right at freezing the entire event.

12 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I like everything about 12z. And it isn't just leesburg04

12 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

If ya wanna talk about trends, that Low from the second wave is even closer to the coast at that timeframe than 6z or 0z...at least to my eyes, anyway

I was comparing gfs to the runs that show better solutions but yes it did take a positive step vs previous gfs so that's a win. It's still not in the big storm camp. Amazing difference bwteeen rgem with heavy snow to northern PA and gfs with nothing north of me. Ggem splits the difference. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Overnight tomorrow night. It isnt heavy according to the GFS. And the Kuchera map is probably the most realistic with around 4 or 5 inches out this way. Temps are good while the snow falls. But we are right at freezing the entire event.

Yeah, I saw your post then saw that Kuchera map, and was certainly under-whelmed.  Very realistic outcome IMO and,  based on the forecast discussion, the outcome expected by NWS.

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I was comparing gfs to the runs that show better solutions but yes it did take a positive step vs previous gfs so that's a win. It's still not in the big storm camp. Amazing difference bwteeen rgem with heavy snow to northern PA and gfs with nothing north of me. Ggem splits the difference. 

i could see why you'd be concerned.  even i am.  it still needs work even down here.  definitely looks like a better run for the coastal cities.  even boston gets close this run and with that NS energy hanging back i'm wondering if that will help pull the coastal a little further west/north.

4 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

I dont think you are too far off by saying that.....It is further SE.  Still a very good hit but not the widespread nuke it had at 00z.

Yea it's location. People around D.C. see 12" and think it's great. If your near me and went from 15" to 8" your like meh. If your around Harrisburg PA and went from 24" to 4" your like wtf it lost the storm. 

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I look at it this way...in a complicated setup pick the model with the lowest IQ...it doesn't try to over think the solution

There could be some truth to the higher res and more complex physicss models struggling more with resolving all these discreet vorts and the low res model is like "just bomb a low there" but whether that idea is right or wrong is unknown. 

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Might I make a suggestion?

Stop posting. 

I see nothing wrong with his post. Is he not correct? The oz run last night had me gettig 19 inches of snow nw of Philly. Now the 12z show me getting barely 6. Major shift to the se.  no reason to believe it wont continue. 

Archived