• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know we haven't had many really warm days of 50+ degrees recently. Most nighttime temps have dipped below freezing or been really close for the most part. It's not like we're going from 70 degrees to 35 and snow the next day. Ground temps are pretty chilly for middle of march. Sunday night is supposed to dip below freezing. This will only help accumulations if our precip does indeed fall during the night/early morning hours. 

2 hours ago, RDM said:

based on entire loop - there's multiple more hits in store for the MA after Tu/Wed right on though 02 April...  Going to be a potentially captivating couple of weeks.

LWX is thinking/saying the same thing, right in their news headlines.  Don't often see that.

https://www.weather.gov/lwx/

10 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Uhhh

eps_tsnow_24m_ma_20.thumb.png.e1a3b319596cb5d9b1e870083c2f9681.png

eps_tsnow_24m_ma_18.thumb.png.19fc7f061f1c50c6ea394686b9ed5c62.png

Yea I'm seeing it. EPS suddenly wants to revive wave 2. Things are moving around a lot. I'm at a bday party so I can't post it but if you loop the h5 through day 10 and compare the last few runs this whole trough is trending less amplified and north as the next one around day 7-10 trends more amplified and deeper. Now overall that would be bad but there is actually a way that can work. Within the larger atmospheric trough wave there can be plenty of amplification synoptically in march to get it done. If the whole trough trends less amplified and thus less deep it could get that second vort to cross at our latitude instead of digging under us. That might let it phase better with the other vorts since they are crushed together not spread out over a huge broad deep trough. So the deamplifcation trend certainly means no 1984 type bomb but it could still work for snow just fine. 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Winters where blocking like this sets in between dec 15 and feb 15 is when we get a big winter. Shame this came so late. But better late then never it's fun tracking at least. Been a crazy ride this month. 

I'm just happy to see sustained blocking of any sort, regardless of month.  I was wondering if it was physically possible any more.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Can someone actually give a full summary of the Eps?

Pretty simple. Mostly agrees with the op with wave 1. Wave 2 is going through a small but noticeable resurrection. D7-10 has a late March arctic boundary with potential for a rain to snow event or even a legit coastal. Very impressive late March run. Might be the best I've ever seen honestly. Climo door is not being allowed to close. We know all the caveats and location and blah blah blah. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Pretty simple. Mostly agrees with the op with wave 1. Wave 2 is going through a small but noticeable resurrection. D7-10 has a late March arctic boundary with potential for a rain to snow event or even a legit coastal. Very impressive late March run. Might be the best I've ever seen honestly. Climo door is not being allowed to close. We know all the caveats and location and blah blah blah. 

Small but noticeable resurrection, huh? Shall it return to it's day 6/7 glory (or at least a portion thereof)? Stay tuned...lol

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Thanks. That’s what I wanted to hear. That’s my focus for now, wave 2 is bonus if anything.

Wave 1 precip mean is south of the op but u and I are in the .6+ contour. 1" is near EZF. The mean paints more of an insurance policy to the south as opposed to a liability to the north. I like that part. Op supercedes the ens at this point anyways but the biggrst risk for our yards is clearly rain/too north. Eps puts me at ease. 

Wave 2 is unconventional in general because we just don't normally do well with tight spacing like this with followups but the chance for amplification is no doubt slightly higher this run than the previous. 

Archived